Wordpress Top Popular List
Charts and Tracking Description >>
Contact Form 7 can manage multiple contact forms, plus you can customize the form and the mail contents flexibly with simple markup. The form supports Ajax-powered submitting, CAPTCHA, Akismet spam filtering and so on.
Docs and support
You can find docs, FAQ and more detailed information about Contact Form 7 on contactform7.com. When you can’t find the answer to your question on the FAQ or in any of the documentation, check the support forum on WordPress.org. If you can’t locate any topics that pertain to your particular issue, post a new topic for it.
Contact Form 7 needs your support
It is hard to continue development and support for this free plugin without contributions from users like you. If you enjoy using Contact Form 7 and find it useful, please consider making a donation. Your donation will help encourage and support the plugin’s continued development and better user support.
With the default configuration, this plugin, in itself, does not:
- track users by stealth;
- write any user personal data to the database;
- send any data to external servers;
The following plugins are recommended for Contact Form 7 users:
- Flamingo by Takayuki Miyoshi – With Flamingo, you can save submitted messages via contact forms in the database.
- Bogo by Takayuki Miyoshi – Bogo is a straight-forward multilingual plugin that doesn’t cause headaches.
Tags: contact feedback email form contact-form
Charts and Tracking Description >>
Yoast SEO: the #1 WordPress SEO plugin
Since 2008 Yoast SEO has helped millions of websites worldwide to rank higher in search engines.
Yoast’s mission is SEO for Everyone. Our plugin’s users range from the bakery around the corner to some of the most popular sites on the planet.
Yoast SEO Free contains everything that you need to manage your SEO, and the Yoast SEO Premium plugin and its extensions unlock even more tools and functionality.
GET AHEAD OF THE COMPETITION
To rank highly in search engines, you need to beat the competition. You need a better, faster, stronger website than the people who sell or do the same kinds of things as you.
Yoast SEO is the most-used WordPress SEO plugin, and has helped millions of people like you to get ahead, and to stay ahead.
TAKING CARE OF YOUR WORDPRESS SEO
Yoast SEO is packed full of features, designed to help visitors and search engines to get the most out of your website. Some of our favourites are:
- Automated technical SEO improvements, like canonical URLs and meta tags.
- Advanced XML sitemaps; making it easy for Google to understand your site structure.
- Title and meta description templating, for better branding and consistent snippets in the search results.
- An in-depth Schema.org integration that will increase your chance of getting rich results, by helping search engines to understand your content.
- Full control over site breadcrumbs, so that users and search engines always know where they are.
- Faster loading times for your whole website, due to an innovative way of managing data in WordPress.
- [Premium] E-mail support for our Yoast SEO Premium users.
- [Premium] The possibility to expand Yoast SEO with the News SEO, Video SEO, Local SEO and WooCommerce SEO extensions.
WRITE KILLER CONTENT WITH YOAST SEO
We know content is king, that’s why Yoast SEO is famous for its state-of-the-art content and SEO analysis. Yoast SEO gives you:
- SEO analysis: an invaluable tool while writing SEO-friendly content with the right (focus) keyphrases in mind.
- Readability analysis: ensures that humans and search engines can read and understand your content.
- Full language support for: English, German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Indonesian, Polish, Portuguese, Arabic, Swedish, Hebrew and Hungarian.
- A Google preview, which shows what your listings will look like in the search results. Even on mobile devices!
- Innovative Schema blocks for the WordPress block editor, so that your FAQ and HowTo content can be shown directly in the search results.
- [Premium] Internal linking blocks to easily improve the structure of your content. Easily add a table of contents block, a related links block, a subpages block, or siblings block! Plus, we’ll keep adding these easy-to-add blocks to improve your site structure.
- [Premium] Social previews to show you how your content will be shown on Twitter and Facebook.
- [Premium] The Insights tool that shows you what your text focuses on. This way you can keep your article in line with your keyphrases.
- [Premium] Optimize your content for synonyms and related keyphrases.
- [Premium] Optimize your article for different word forms of your keyphrases, as the singular and plural. But also different verb forms, synonyms, and related keyphrases. This makes for more natural content!
- [Premium] Automatic internal linking suggestions: write your article and get automatic suggested posts to link to!
- [Premium] An orphaned content filter to detect posts that have no links pointing towards them!
KEEP YOUR SITE IN PERFECT SHAPE
Whether you are an online entrepreneur, blogger or content creator, a developer, a (WordPress) SEO expert or a business owner, Yoast SEO helps you keep your website in perfect shape by:
- Tuning the engine of your website, so you can work on creating great content!
- Giving you cornerstone content and internal linking features to help you optimize your site structure in a breeze.
- Translating your content to structured data where possible, to help search engines understand your website.
- Helping you manage your team: with our SEO roles you can give colleagues access to specific sections of the Yoast SEO plugin.
- [Premium] Automatically creating redirects when URLs change or when pages are deleted, and providing tools to manage or create redirects.
- [Premium] Showing you social previews to manage the way your page is shared on social networks like Facebook and Twitter.
TRUST THE EXPERTS
Yoast is powered by a team of expert developers, testers, software architects, and SEO consultants. They work constantly to stay at the cutting edge of WordPress SEO, and to improve the plugin with every release.
Yoast SEO is the only WordPress SEO plugin made by world-renowned SEO experts.
GET PREMIUM SUPPORT
The Yoast team offers regular support on the WordPress.org forums. But we hope you understand that we prioritize our Premium customers. This one-on-one email support is available to people who have purchased Yoast SEO Premium.
Did you know that Yoast SEO Premium contains a lot of extra features:
- A redirect manager that prevents “404: page not found” errors
- Optimize without worrying about over-optimization with intelligent word form recognition available in multiple languages.
- Internal linking blocks to structure your site easily.
- Internal linking suggestions while you’re writing.
- Preview your content to see what it will look like in the search results and when shared on social media using the Google preview and social preview.
- Cornerstone content checks that point search engines to your most important pages.
- Connect Yoast SEO to Zapier to easily create zaps that instantly share your published posts with 2000+ destinations like Twitter, Facebook, and much more.
If you are serious about your WordPress SEO, install the Yoast SEO Premium plugin! Costs a little, saves a lot of time!
OUR EXTENSIONS TO FURTHER IMPROVE YOUR WORDPRESS SEO
Check out these SEO add-ons by Yoast:
- Yoast Local SEO optimizes your website for a local audience.
- Yoast Video SEO ensures that Google understands what your video is about, increasing the chances of ranking in the video results.
- Yoast News SEO for news websites that want to improve their visibility and performance in Google News.
- WooCommerce SEO for all online shops that want to perform better in the search results and social media.
These extensions work fine with the free version of Yoast SEO. Of course, the premium extensions also include 24/7 support.
Oh, don’t forget: our Yoast Academy is for all entrepreneurs, bloggers, and anyone who wants to learn more about optimizing websites, improving your WordPress SEO, and if you want to take your content to the next level!
Yoast SEO integrates seamlessly into a range of themes and plugins. We work particularly well with:
- The WordPress block editor (or ‘Gutenberg’ editor).
- The official AMP plugin, which changes your templates to use the ‘AMP’ HTML format.
- Google’s Web Stories plugin, which helps you to create ‘web stories’.
- The Advanced Custom Fields plugin, when you also activate the ACF Content Analysis for Yoast SEO plugin.
- The Elementor website builder.
- Zapier, which helps you automate your publishing flow.
Do you want to report a bug for Yoast SEO? Best to do so in the WordPress SEO repository on GitHub. Please note that GitHub is not a support forum and issues will be closed if they don’t meet the bug requirements.
Want more information on search engine optimization and Yoast SEO? Have a look at:
- The Yoast SEO Plugin official homepage.
- The Yoast SEO Help center.
- WordPress SEO – The definitive Guide by Yoast.
- Other WordPress Plugins by Team Yoast.
- Also follow Yoast on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter.
The Yoast SEO plugin general meta box. You'll see this on edit post pages, for posts, pages and custom post types.
Example of the SEO analysis functionality.
Example of the readability analysis functionality.
Overview of site-wide SEO problems and possible improvements.
Control over which features you want to use.
Easily import SEO data from other SEO plugins like All In One SEO pack, HeadSpace2 SEO and wpSEO.de.
Tags: seo xml-sitemap readability content-analysis schema
Charts and Tracking Description >>
Akismet checks your comments and contact form submissions against our global database of spam to prevent your site from publishing malicious content. You can review the comment spam it catches on your blog’s “Comments” admin screen.
Major features in Akismet include:
- Automatically checks all comments and filters out the ones that look like spam.
- Each comment has a status history, so you can easily see which comments were caught or cleared by Akismet and which were spammed or unspammed by a moderator.
- URLs are shown in the comment body to reveal hidden or misleading links.
- Moderators can see the number of approved comments for each user.
- A discard feature that outright blocks the worst spam, saving you disk space and speeding up your site.
PS: You’ll be prompted to get an Akismet.com API key to use it, once activated. Keys are free for personal blogs; paid subscriptions are available for businesses and commercial sites.
Tags: antispam anti-spam spam comments contact-form
Charts and Tracking Description >>
The most popular WordPress plugin for just about everything.
Security, performance, marketing, and design tools — Jetpack is made by the WordPress experts to make WP sites safer and faster, and help you grow your traffic.
24/7 AUTO SITE SECURITY
We guard your site so you can run your site or business. Jetpack Security provides easy-to-use, comprehensive WordPress site security including auto real-time backups and easy restores, malware scanning, and spam protection. Essential features like brute force protection and downtime / uptime monitoring are free.
- Back up your site automatically in real time and restore to any point with one click. Unlimited storage for your backup. Great for eCommerce stores especially Woo.
- Easily duplicate, clone, or migrate your site whether you want to create a staging site or move to a new host.
- See every site change and who made it with the activity log, great for coordination, debug, maintenance, or troubleshooting.
- Automatic scan for malware and other code threats. One click fix to restore your site for malware.
- Block spam comments and form responses with anti spam features powered by Akismet.
- Brute force attack protection to protect your WordPress login page from attacks.
- Monitor your site uptime / downtime and get an instant alert of any change by email.
- Secure WordPress.com powered login used by millions of sites with optional 2FA (two factor authentication) for extra protection.
- Auto update individual plugins for easy site maintenance and management.
PEAK SPEED AND PERFORMANCE
Get blazing fast site speed with Jetpack, the premier WP plugin built to leverage the power of AMP, a tool that helps optimize your site on mobile devices. Jetpack’s free CDN (content delivery network) auto optimizes your images. Watch your page load times decrease — we’ll optimize your images and serve them from our own powerful global network, and speed up your site on mobile devices to reduce bandwidth usage and save money!
- Jetpack has partnered with Google AMP to create the best, highest performance all-in-one toolkit for WordPress. By using Jetpack and AMP together, you get all the features you need to build a beautiful, fast, modern website with no coding required.
- Lazy load images for a super fast experience, even on mobile. Jetpack’s lazy loading automatically delays the loading of media on your posts and pages until your visitors scroll down to where they appear on the page.
- Unlimited, high speed, ad free video hosting keeps the focus on your content, not on ads or recommendations that lead people off site.
- Custom site search is incredibly powerful and customizable. Helps your visitors instantly find the right content so they read and buy more. Works great with WooCommerce / eCommerce sites to help filter products so customers get what they want on your site faster.
- Recommended to use with WP Super Cache for ultimate WordPress site speed.
POWERFUL TOOLS FOR GROWTH
Create and customize your WordPress site, optimize it for visitors and revenue, and enjoy watching your stats tick up. Built it, share it, and watch it grow.
- Advanced site stats and analytics to help you understand your audience.
- Auto publish blog posts and products to social media by simply using our tools to connect to Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin.
- Easily share Instagram posts on your pages and blog posts.
- Collect a payment or donation, sell a product, service, or membership with simple integrations with PayPal and Stripe.
- Grow traffic with SEO tools for Google, Bing, Twitter, Facebook, and WordPress.com. XML sitemap created automatically.
- Advertise on your site to generate revenue. The Jetpack ad network automatically does the work for you to find high-quality ads that are placed on your site.
- Manage Jetpack features from anywhere with the official WordPress mobile app, available for Apple iOS (iPhone or iPad) and Google Android.
- Looking for Customer Relationship Management? Check out the Jetpack CRM plugin which works alongside Jetpack to give you a simple and practical way to build relationships with your customers and leads.
EASY DESIGN TOOLS
Quickly customize your site to make it stand out — no coding needed.
- Themes — Simple themes to get started or pick a professional theme to make your site stand out.
- Related posts — Keep visitors on your site by automatically showing them related content they will be interested in.
- Gallery and Slideshow tools — Image galleries, carousel slider, and slideshows for WP sites and stores.
- Subscriptions — Make it easy for visitors to sign up to receive notifications of your latest posts and comments.
- Contact form — Easily build unlimited contact forms for free without any coding. Receive email notifications for each response. Integrate with mail solutions like Creative Mail to reach your customers and leads quickly. Connect to Jetpack Anti spam (powered by Akismet) to filter submissions.
- oEmbed Support — easily embed images, posts, and links from Facebook and Instagram.
Jetpack is updated monthly to ensure seamless integration with top WordPress plugins and other tech products.
- Built for WooCommerce: Jetpack and WooCommerce are both made by Automattic. Backup, Scan, Anti-spam, integrate perfectly for Woo / eComm stores
- Jetpack is fully compatible with v2.0 of the official AMP plugin for WordPress.
- Better understand your customers and marketing with Google Analytics (GA) integration
- Social media platforms: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Simple Blocks to customize your site: Pinterest, Whatsapp, Podcast player, GIFs, maps, tiled gallery, slideshow
- Payment processors: easily collect payments or donations and sell products through Stripe and PayPal
- Site speed and performance plugins: Works great with WP Super Cache and Cloudflare.
- Contact form: Anti-spam (Powered by Akismet) blocks spam comments for Jetpack forms, Contact Form 7, Ninja Forms, Gravity Forms, Formidable Forms, and more.
- Other tech integrations: Instagram, Creative Mail, Mailchimp, Calendly, Whatsapp, Pinterest, Revue, and more.
We have a global team of Happiness Engineers ready to provide incredible support. Ask your questions in the support forum or contact us directly.
Jetpack Security provides easy-to-use, comprehensive WordPress site security including backups, malware scanning, and spam protection.
Save every change with real-time backups and get back online quickly with one-click restores.
Automated malware scanning and one-click fixes keep your site one step ahead of security threats.
Promote your newest posts, pages, and products across your social media channels.
Tags: amp woocommerce backup wp social
Charts and Tracking Description >>
The WordPress Importer will import the following content from a WordPress export file:
- Posts, pages and other custom post types
- Comments and comment meta
- Custom fields and post meta
- Categories, tags and terms from custom taxonomies and term meta
For further information and instructions please see the documention on Importing Content.
The importer has a couple of filters to allow you to completely enable/block certain features:
import_allow_create_users: return false if you only want to allow mapping to existing users
import_allow_fetch_attachments: return false if you do not wish to allow importing and downloading of attachments
import_attachment_size_limit: return an integer value for the maximum file size in bytes to save (default is 0, which is unlimited)
There are also a few actions available to hook into:
import_start: occurs after the export file has been uploaded and author import settings have been chosen
import_end: called after the last output from the importer
Charts and Tracking Description >>
WooCommerce is the world’s most popular open-source eCommerce solution.
Our core platform is free, flexible, and amplified by a global community. The freedom of open-source means you retain full ownership of your store’s content and data forever.
Whether you’re launching a business, taking brick-and-mortar retail online, or developing sites for clients, use WooCommerce for a store that powerfully blends content and commerce.
- Create beautiful, enticing storefronts with themes suited to your brand and industry.
- Customize pages in minutes using modular product blocks.
- Showcase physical and digital goods, product variations, custom configurations, instant downloads, and affiliate items. Bookings, memberships, subscriptions, and dynamic pricing rules are only an extension away.
- Rise to the top of search results by leveraging WordPress’ SEO advantage.
Built-in tools and popular integrations help you efficiently manage your business operations. Many services are free to add with a single click via the optional Setup Wizard.
- Choose how you want to get paid. Conveniently manage payments from the comfort of your store with WooCommerce Payments (U.S.-only). Securely accept cards, mobile wallets, bank transfers, and cash thanks to 100+ payment gateways – including Stripe, PayPal, and Square.
- Configure your shipping options. Print USPS labels right from your dashboard and even schedule a pickup with WooCommerce Shipping (U.S.-only). Connect with well-known carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and ShipStation – plus a wide variety of delivery, inventory, and fulfillment solutions for your locale.
- Simplify sales tax. Add WooCommerce Tax or similar integrated services to make automated calculations a reality.
Grow your business, add features, and monitor your store on the go
WooCommerce means business. Keep tabs on the performance metrics most important to you with WooCommerce Admin – a powerful, customizable central dashboard for your store.
Expand your audience across marketing and social channels with Google Ads, HubSpot, Mailchimp, and Facebook integrations. You can always check out the in-dashboard Marketing Hub for fresh ideas and tips to help you succeed.
Enhance store functionality with hundreds of free and paid extensions from the official WooCommerce Marketplace. Our developers vet each new extension and regularly review existing inventory to maintain Marketplace quality standards. We are actively looking for products that help store builders create successful stores.
Manage your store from anywhere with the free WooCommerce mobile app (Android and iOS). Spoiler alert: Keep an ear out for the slightly addictive “cha-ching” notification sound each time you make a new sale!
Own and control your store data – forever
With WooCommerce, your data belongs to you. Always.
If you opt to share usage data with us, you can feel confident knowing that it’s anonymized and kept secure. Choose to opt-out at any time without impacting your store.
Unlike hosted eCommerce solutions, WooCommerce store data is future-proof; should you wish to migrate to a different platform, you’re free to export all your content and take your site wherever you choose. No restrictions.
Why developers choose (and love) WooCommerce
Developers can use WooCommerce to create, customize, and scale a store to meet a client’s exact specifications, making enhancements through extensions or custom solutions.
- Leverage hooks and filters to modify or create functionality.
- Integrate virtually any service using a robust REST API and webhooks.
- Design and build custom content blocks with React.
- Inspect and modify any aspect of the core plugin code.
- Speed up development with a lightning-fast CLI.
The core platform is tested rigorously and often, supported by a dedicated development team working across time zones. Comprehensive documentation is updated with each release, empowering you to build exactly the store required.
Be part of our growing international community
WooCommerce has a large, passionate community dedicated to helping merchants succeed, and it’s growing fast.
There are WooCommerce Meetups in locations around the world that you can attend for free and even get involved in running. These events are a great way to learn from others, share your expertise, and connect with like-minded folks.
WooCommerce also has a regular presence at WordCamps across the globe – we’d love to meet you.
Contribute and translate
WooCommerce is developed and supported by Automattic, the creators of WordPress.com and Jetpack. We also have hundreds of independent contributors, and there’s always room for more. Head to the WooCommerce GitHub Repository to find out how you can pitch in.
WooCommerce is translated into multiple languages, including Danish, Ukrainian, and Persian. Help localize WooCommerce even further by adding your locale – visit translate.wordpress.org.
Tags: sell e-commerce woo sales store
Charts and Tracking Description >>
AIOSEO – The Best WordPress SEO Plugin & Toolkit
All in One SEO for WordPress is the original WordPress SEO plugin started in 2007. Over 2 million smart website owners use AIOSEO to properly setup WordPress SEO, so their websites can rank higher in search engines.
We believe you shouldn’t have to hire an SEO expert or developer to properly setup WordPress SEO. That’s why we built AIOSEO as the most comprehensive WordPress SEO plugin and toolkit, so you can improve your website’s SEO rankings and uncover new growth opportunities in less than 10 minutes.
At All in One SEO (AIOSEO), user experience is our #1 priority. From website SEO setup to ongoing SEO optimization, our team of SEO experts have created easy to follow SEO workflows that will help you outrank your competitors in search results. This is why many industry leaders award AIOSEO as the most beginner friendly WordPress SEO plugin that’s both EASY and POWERFUL!
AIOSEO’s WordPress SEO plugin features are highly optimized for Google and other popular search engine algorithm because we follow the most up to date SEO standards and SEO best practices. We can honestly say that AIOSEO is the best WordPress SEO plugin in the world.
This plugin is the lite version of the All in One WordPress SEO Pro plugin that comes with all the SEO features you will ever need to rank higher in search engines including smart schema markup, advanced SEO modules, powerful SEO sitemap suite, local SEO module, Google AMP SEO, WooCommerce SEO, and tons more. Click here to purchase the best premium WordPress SEO plugin now!
We took the pain out of optimizing WordPress SEO and made it easy. Here’s why smart business owners, SEO experts, marketers, and developers love AIOSEO, and you will too!
Properly Setup WordPress SEO (without Hiring an Expert)
AIOSEO makes it easy to setup WordPress SEO, the RIGHT WAY. Our smart WordPress SEO setup wizard helps you optimize your website’s SEO settings based on your unique industry needs.
In less than 10 minutes, you will be able to setup all the advanced WordPress SEO features like XML sitemaps, optimized search appearance, SEO meta title, SEO meta description, SEO keywords, Open Graph SEO Knowledge Panel information, social media integration, SEO search console / webmaster tool connections, local SEO, schema markup, and more.
But don’t just take our word. See what another website owner like yourself is saying:
Swift, honest, full control. After all these years and having used almost every WP SEO plugin I’m amazed by AIOSEO’s depth, simplicity and fast workflow ❤️
Optimize Your Pages for Higher SEO Rankings with TruSEO Analysis
Creating SEO optimized content used to be hard. Why?
Because most business owners aren’t SEO experts.
That’s why we created the TruSEO score. This gives you a more in-depth SEO optimization analysis and an actionable SEO checklist, so you can easily optimize each page on your website to unlock higher SEO rankings and maximum traffic.
Our SEO content analysis tool is enabled by default in both the Gutenberg block editor and Classic Editor, so you can quickly optimize your blog posts and pages to rank higher in search results.
Our SEO readability analysis gives you further insights on how to improve your content for maximum SEO benefits.
The best part about TruSEO analysis is that you can use it to optimize your posts / pages for unlimited SEO keywords.
Seamless SEO Integrations with Webmaster Tools & Social Media
All in One SEO for WordPress offers seamless integration with popular social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, and more.
This ensures that your website preview is optimized for both search engines (SEO), and social media networks.
AIOSEO also makes it easy to connect your website with Google Search Console, Bing webmaster tools, Yandex webmaster tools, Baidu webmaster tools, Google Analytics, and all other SEO webmaster tools.
This helps you easily measure your SEO results and progress.
I’m a professional SEO and used many tools and extensions. Regarding simplicity, individuality and configurability All in One SEO Pro is by far the best SEO plugin out there for WordPress.
Smart XML Sitemaps and Rich Snippets (Schema Markup)
Proper website SEO markup plays an important role in improving SEO rankings. That’s why smart SEO experts use AIOSEO for on-page SEO optimization.
Aside from the comprehensive WordPress XML sitemap feature, we also offer news sitemap and video sitemap to help you improve your website’s SEO ranking / traffic.
AIOSEO comes with built-in smart schema makup features to help you get more traffic through SEO rich snippets, Google featured snippets, and image SEO search results.
The best SEO plugin. All in One SEO is the best SEO Plugin. I personally find it better than Yoast. This plugin offers so much freedom in configuration.
Local SEO, WooCommerce SEO, Google AMP, and More
All in One SEO is the most comprehensive WordPress SEO plugin / toolkit in the market.
We offer complete support for Google Knowledge Graph and Schema.org markup for local businesses. You can add multiple busiess locations, opening hours, contact info (business email, business phone, business address, etc) and more with our Local SEO module.
AIOSEO also makes WooCommerce SEO easy. With our SEO plugin, you can optimize your product pages and product categories for better SEO rankings (with just a few clicks).
Since AIOSEO is the original WordPress SEO plugin, we have SEO integrations with all popular WordPress plugins such as membership plugin SEO, landing page plugin SEO, etc. AIOSEO also offers Google AMP integration and works seamlessly with all popular speed / caching plugins.
Best SEO Plugin for WordPress. We continue to use All in One SEO on all our WordPress sites and Clients sites, and we recommend it too all other clients.
Since SEO is an essential feature, AIOSEO is a must have plugin for every website!
Full All in One SEO Feature List
- WordPress SEO Setup Wizard – Properly setup WordPress SEO in less than 10 minutes.
- On-page SEO Optimization – optimize SEO code markup (without hiring a developer)
- TruSEO score – detailed content & readability analysis to help you optimize your pages for higher SEO rankings.
- Smart Meta Title & Description – Automatic SEO generation, dynamic smart tags, and more.
- Unlimited SEO Keywords – our SEO content analyzer helps you optimize your pages for unlimited keywords.
- XML Sitemap – Advanced SEO sitemaps for your site.
- Video SEO Sitemap – Improve your SEO rankings with video sitemap.
- News SEO Sitemap – Increase your SEO traffic with Google News sitemap.
- RSS SEO Sitemap – Improve SEO crawl frequency with RSS sitemap.
- Automatic Image SEO – Our image SEO module helps your images rank higher.
- Local Business SEO – Improve your local business SEO presence with our local SEO module.
- Rich Snippets Schema – Get better click through rate (CTR) and increase SEO rankings with rich snippets schema.
- Knowledge Graph Support – Improve your website’s search appearance with SEO Knowledge panel.
- Sitelinks Search Box – Helps you get a search box in Google SEO rankings.
- Google Site Links – Our SEO markup can help you get sitelinks for your brand.
- Robots.txt Editor – Control what SEO robots can see with our easy SEO robots.txt editor.
- SEO Audit Checklist – Improve your website’s SEO ranking with our SEO audit checklist.
- Google Search Console – Connect your WordPress site with Google webmaster tools to see additional SEO insights.
- Search Engine Verification Tools – Easily integrate with other popular SEO webmaster tools to improve search visibility.
- Google AMP SEO – Improve your mobile SEO rankings with Google AMP SEO.
- Advanced SEO Canonical URLs – Prevent duplicate content in SEO with automatic canonical URLs and boost your SEO rankings.
- Advanced Robots Meta SEO Settings – granular controls for no index, no follow, no archive, no snippet, max snippet, max video, and more.
- RSS Content for SEO – Stop content theft from hurting your SEO rankings with our RSS Content tool.
- User Access Control – Control who can manage your SEO settings with our advanced SEO access control.
- Competitor Site SEO Analysis – Use our competitor SEO analysis to outrank them by improving your website’s SEO optimization.
WordPress SEO Integrations
- WooCommerce SEO – optimize your WooCommerce product pages and improve your store’s SEO rankings.
- MemberPress SEO – optimize your MemberPress course pages and improve your membership site’s SEO rankings.
- Elementor SEO – add SEO optimization for your landing pages.
- LearnDash SEO – SEO optimization for LearnDash courses.
- Facebook SEO – SEO optimize your website preview on Facebook.
- Twitter SEO – SEO optimize your website preview on Twitter.
- Pinterest SEO – SEO optimize your website preview on Pinterest.
- Open Graph Support – improve your SEO with open graph meta data.
- Knowledge Panel SEO – improve website SEO apperance by adding social media profile links for Facebook, Twitter, Wikpedia, Instagram, LinkedIn, Yelp, YouTube, and more.
- Webmaster Tool Content – Connect your WordPress site with various webmaster tools to improve SEO rankings.
WordPress SEO Plugin Importer
- Yoast SEO Importer – easily switch from Yoast SEO to AIOSEO with our settings migrator.
- RankMath SEO Importer – easily switch from RankMath SEO to AIOSEO with our settings migrator
- SEO Settings Backup – create a backup of your AIOSEO settings.
- Advanced SEO Import / Export – easily import / export AIOSEO settings from one site to another.
After reading this feature list, you can probably imagine why AIOSEO is the best WordPress SEO plugin in the market.
Give AIOSEO a try.
Want to unlock more features? Upgrade to AIOSEO Pro.
AIOSEO® is a registered trademark of Semper Plugins LLC. When writing about the WordPress SEO plugin by AIOSEO, please use the following format.
- AIOSEO (correct)
- All in One SEO (correct)
- AIO SEO (incorrect)
- All in 1 SEO (incorrect)
If you like our WordPress SEO plugin, then consider checking out our other projects:
- OptinMonster – Get More Email Subscribers with the most popular conversion optimization plugin for WordPress.
- WPForms – #1 drag & drop online form builder for WordPress.
- MonsterInsights – See the Stats that Matter and Grow Your Business with Confidence. Best Google Analytics Plugin for WordPress.
- SeedProd – Create beautiful landing pages with our powerful drag & drop landing page builder.
- WP Mail SMTP – Improve email deliverability for your contact form with the most popular SMTP plugin for WordPress.
- RafflePress – Best WordPress giveaway and contest plugin.
- Smash Balloon – #1 social feeds plugin for WordPress.
SEO Content Analyzer (Gutenberg)
SEO Content Analyzer (Classic Editor)
SEO Setup Wizard
SEO Site Analysis
Webmaster Tools Connect
Social Media Integrations
Search Appearance Settings
RSS Content Control
Tags: seo schema xml-sitemap meta-description google-search-console
Charts and Tracking Description >>
Use this plugin to greatly improve SEO to create special XML sitemaps which will help search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and Ask.com to better index your site.
With such a sitemap, it’s much easier for the crawlers to see the complete structure of your site and retrieve it more efficiently. The plugin supports all kinds of WordPress generated pages as well as custom URLs. Additionally it notifies all major search engines every time you create a post about the new content.
Supported since over 9 years and rated as the best WordPress plugin, it will do exactly what it’s supposed to do – providing a complete XML sitemap for search engines. It will not break your site, slow it down or annoy you. Guaranteed!
If you like the plugin, feel free to rate it (on the right side of this page)! 🙂
Good news, this plugin is free for everyone! Since it’s released under the GPL, you can use it free of charge on your personal or commercial site.
The plugin comes with various translations, please refer to the WordPress Codex for more information about activating the translation. If you want to help to translate the plugin to your language, please have a look at the sitemap.pot file which contains all definitions and may be used with a gettext editor like Poedit (Windows).
Plugin options page
Sample XML sitemap (with a stylesheet for making it readable)
Sample XML sitemap (without stylesheet)
Tags: seo msn bing google yahoo
Charts and Tracking Description >>
Advanced Editor Tools (previously TinyMCE Advanced) introduces a “Classic Paragraph” block for the block editor (Gutenberg).
If you are not quite ready to switch to the block editor, or have plugins that cannot be used there (yet), using the Classic Paragraph block is your best option. It lets you to continue to use the familiar TinyMCE editor for most tasks, and at the same time gives you full access to all blocks and new features in the block editor.
Version 5.5 continues to improve and enhance the new features introduced in version 5.0 of the plugin. It includes an improved “Clear Formatting” button, several advanced settings for tables, and importing and exporting of the settings to a file.
If you want to continue to use the previous (“classic”) editor in WordPress 5.0 and newer, this plugin has an option to replace the new editor with the previous one. If you prefer to have access to both editors side by side or to allow your users to switch editors, it would be better to install the Classic Editor plugin. Advanced Editor Tools is fully compatible with the classic editor plugin and similar plugins that restore use of the previous WordPress editor.
As always this plugin will let you add, remove and arrange the buttons that are shown on the Visual Editor toolbar in the Classic Paragraph and Classic blocks in the block editor, and in the classic editor (when enabled by a plugin). There you can configure up to four rows of buttons including Font Sizes, Font Family, text and background colors, tables, etc.
It includes 15 plugins for TinyMCE that are automatically enabled or disabled depending on the buttons you have chosen.
In addition this plugin adds options for keeping the paragraph tags in text mode and importing the CSS classes from the theme’s editor-style.css.
Some of the features added by this plugin
- “Classic Paragraph” block that can be used instead of or together with the standard Paragraph block.
- An option to set the Classic Paragraph or Classic block as the default block in the block editor.
- Supports converting of most default blocks to classic paragraphs, and from classic paragraphs back to the default blocks.
- Support for creating and editing tables in the Classic blocks and the classic editor.
- More options when inserting lists in the Classic blocks and the classic editor.
- Search and Replace in the Classic blocks and the classic editor.
- Ability to set Font Family and Font Sizes in the Classic blocks and the classic editor.
- And many others.
Advanced Editor Tools does not collect or store any user related data. It does not set cookies, and it does not connect to any third-party websites. It only uses functionality that is available in WordPress, and in the TinyMCE editor.
In that terms Advanced Editor Tools does not affect your website’s user privacy in any way.
Rich-text toolbar and extra formatting buttons in the Inspector (sidebar).
Many of the buttons can be moved to the Formatting section in the Inspector.
Converting the content of the Classic Paragraph block into separate blocks.
Converting several paragraph blocks into a Classic Paragraph block.
Settings for the Rich-text toolbar and the optional Formatting section in the Inspector.
Settings for the toolbars in Classic Paragraph and Classic blocks.
Advanced options for tables.
Tags: classic-editor formatting gutenberg block-editor editor
Charts and Tracking Description >>
Limit the number of login attempts possible both through normal login as well as using auth cookies.
By default WordPress allows unlimited login attempts either through the login page or by sending special cookies. This allows passwords (or hashes) to be brute-force cracked with relative ease.
Limit Login Attempts blocks an Internet address from making further attempts after a specified limit on retries is reached, making a brute-force attack difficult or impossible.
- Limit the number of retry attempts when logging in (for each IP). Fully customizable
- Limit the number of attempts to log in using auth cookies in same way
- Informs user about remaining retries or lockout time on login page
- Optional logging, optional email notification
- Handles server behind reverse proxy
- It is possible to whitelist IPs using a filter. But you probably shouldn’t. 🙂
Translations: Bulgarian, Brazilian Portuguese, Catalan, Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Norwegian, Persian, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
Plugin uses standard actions and filters only.
Loginscreen after failed login with retries remaining
Loginscreen during lockout
Administration interface in WordPress 3.0.4
Tags: authentication security login
Charts and Tracking Description >>
THE MOST POPULAR WORDPRESS FIREWALL & SECURITY SCANNER
Wordfence includes an endpoint firewall and malware scanner that were built from the ground up to protect WordPress. Our Threat Defense Feed arms Wordfence with the newest firewall rules, malware signatures and malicious IP addresses it needs to keep your website safe. Rounded out by 2FA and a suite of additional features, Wordfence is the most comprehensive WordPress security solution available.
- Web Application Firewall identifies and blocks malicious traffic. Built and maintained by a large team focused 100% on WordPress security.
- [Premium] Real-time firewall rule and malware signature updates via the Threat Defense Feed (free version is delayed by 30 days).
- [Premium] Real-time IP Blocklist blocks all requests from the most malicious IPs, protecting your site while reducing load.
- Protects your site at the endpoint, enabling deep integration with WordPress. Unlike cloud alternatives does not break encryption, cannot be bypassed and cannot leak data.
- Integrated malware scanner blocks requests that include malicious code or content.
- Protection from brute force attacks by limiting login attempts.
WORDPRESS SECURITY SCANNER
- Malware scanner checks core files, themes and plugins for malware, bad URLs, backdoors, SEO spam, malicious redirects and code injections.
- [Premium] Real-time malware signature updates via the Threat Defense Feed (free version is delayed by 30 days).
- Compares your core files, themes and plugins with what is in the WordPress.org repository, checking their integrity and reporting any changes to you.
- Repair files that have changed by overwriting them with a pristine, original version. Delete any files that don’t belong easily within the Wordfence interface.
- Checks your site for known security vulnerabilities and alerts you to any issues. Also alerts you to potential security issues when a plugin has been closed or abandoned.
- Checks your content safety by scanning file contents, posts and comments for dangerous URLs and suspicious content.
- [Premium] Checks to see if your site or IP have been blocklisted for malicious activity, generating spam or other security issue.
- Two-factor authentication (2FA), one of the most secure forms of remote system authentication available via any TOTP-based authenticator app or service.
- Login Page CAPTCHA stops bots from logging in.
- Disable or add 2FA to XML-RPC.
- Block logins for administrators using known compromised passwords.
- Wordfence Central is a powerful and efficient way to manage the security for multiple sites in one place.
- Efficiently assess the security status of all your websites in one view. View detailed security findings without leaving Wordfence Central.
- Powerful templates make configuring Wordfence a breeze.
- Highly configurable alerts can be delivered via email, SMS or Slack. Improve the signal to noise ratio by leveraging severity level options and a daily digest option.
- Track and alert on important security events including administrator logins, breached password usage and surges in attack activity.
- Free to use for unlimited sites.
- With Live Traffic, monitor visits and hack attempts not shown in other analytics packages in real time; including origin, their IP address, the time of day and time spent on your site.
- Block attackers by IP or build advanced rules based on IP Range, Hostname, User Agent and Referrer.
- Country blocking available with Wordfence Premium.
The dashboard gives you an overview of your site's security including notifications, attack statistics and Wordfence feature status.
The firewall protects your site from common types of attacks and known security vulnerabilities.
The Wordfence Security Scanner lets you know if your site has been compromised and alerts you to other security issues that need to be addressed.
Wordfence is highly configurable, with a deep set of options available for each feature. High level scan options are shown above.
Brute Force Protection features protect you from password guessing attacks.
Block attackers by IP, Country, IP range, Hostname, Browser or Referrer.
The Wordfence Live Traffic view shows you real-time activity on your site including bot traffic and exploit attempts.
Take login security to the next level with Two-Factor Authentication.
Logging in is easy with Wordfence 2FA.
Tags: firewall security malware-scanner web-application-firewall two-factor-authentication
Charts and Tracking Description >>
Classic Editor is an official plugin maintained by the WordPress team that restores the previous (“classic”) WordPress editor and the “Edit Post” screen. It makes it possible to use plugins that extend that screen, add old-style meta boxes, or otherwise depend on the previous editor.
Classic Editor is an official WordPress plugin, and will be fully supported and maintained until at least 2022, or as long as is necessary.
At a glance, this plugin adds the following:
- Administrators can select the default editor for all users.
- Administrators can allow users to change their default editor.
- When allowed, the users can choose which editor to use for each post.
- Each post opens in the last editor used regardless of who edited it last. This is important for maintaining a consistent experience when editing content.
In addition, the Classic Editor plugin includes several filters that let other plugins control the settings, and the editor choice per post and per post type.
By default, this plugin hides all functionality available in the new block editor (“Gutenberg”).
Admin settings on the Settings -> Writing screen.
User settings on the Profile screen. Visible when the users are allowed to switch editors.
"Action links" to choose alternative editor. Visible when the users are allowed to switch editors.
Link to switch to the block editor while editing a post in the classic editor. Visible when the users are allowed to switch editors.
Link to switch to the classic editor while editing a post in the block editor. Visible when the users are allowed to switch editors.
Network settings to select the default editor for the network and allow site admins to change it.
The "Switch to classic editor" link.
Tags: classic-editor disable-gutenberg gutenberg disable editor
Charts and Tracking Description >>
This plugin generates static html files from your dynamic WordPress blog. After a html file is generated your webserver will serve that file instead of processing the comparatively heavier and more expensive WordPress PHP scripts.
The static html files will be served to the vast majority of your users:
- Users who are not logged in.
- Users who have not left a comment on your blog.
- Or users who have not viewed a password protected post.
99% of your visitors will be served static html files. One cached file can be served thousands of times. Other visitors will be served custom cached files tailored to their visit. If they are logged in, or have left comments those details will be displayed and cached for them.
The plugin serves cached files in 3 ways (ranked by speed):
- Expert. The fastest method is by using Apache mod_rewrite (or whatever similar module your web server supports) to serve “supercached” static html files. This completely bypasses PHP and is extremely quick. If your server is hit by a deluge of traffic it is more likely to cope as the requests are “lighter”. This does require the Apache mod_rewrite module (which is probably installed if you have custom permalinks) and a modification of your .htaccess file which is risky and may take down your site if modified incorrectly.
- Simple. Supercached static files can be served by PHP and this is the recommended way of using the plugin. The plugin will serve a “supercached” file if it exists and it’s almost as fast as the mod_rewrite method. It’s easier to configure as the .htaccess file doesn’t need to be changed. You still need a custom permalink. You can keep portions of your page dynamic in this caching mode.
- WP-Cache caching. This is mainly used to cache pages for known users, URLs with parameters and feeds. Known users are logged in users, visitors who leave comments or those who should be shown custom per-user data. It’s the most flexible caching method and slightly slower. WP-Cache caching will also cache visits by unknown users if supercaching is disabled. You can have dynamic parts to your page in this mode too. This mode is always enabled but you can disable caching for known users, URLs with parameters, or feeds separately. Set the constant “DISABLE_SUPERCACHE” to 1 in your wp-config.php if you want to only use WP-Cache caching.
If you’re not comfortable with editing PHP files then use simple mode. It’s easy to set up and very fast.
- Simple caching.
- Compress pages.
- Don’t cache pages for known users.
- Cache rebuild.
- CDN support.
- Extra homepage checks.
Garbage collection is the act of cleaning up cache files that are out of date and stale. There’s no correct value for the expiry time but a good starting point is 1800 seconds.
Consider deleting the contents of the “Rejected User Agents” text box and allow search engines to cache files for you.
Preload as many posts as you can and enable “Preload Mode”. Garbage collection of old cached files will be disabled. If you don’t care about sidebar widgets updating often set the preload interval to 2880 minutes (2 days) so all your posts aren’t recached very often. When the preload occurs the cache files for the post being refreshed is deleted and then regenerated. Afterwards a garbage collection of all old files is performed to clean out stale cache files.
Even with preload mode enabled cached files will still be deleted when posts are modified or comments made.
- Active development of this plugin is handled on GitHub.
- Translation of the plugin into different languages is on the translation page.
If you need more information than the following, you can have a look at the Developer documentation.
You can generate cached files for the posts, categories and tags of your site by preloading. Preloading will visit each page of your site generating a cached page as it goes along, just like any other visitor to the site. Due to the sequential nature of this function, it can take some time to preload a complete site if there are many posts.
To make preloading more effective it can be useful to disable garbage collection so that older cache files are not deleted. This is done by enabling “Preload Mode” in the settings. Be aware however, that pages will go out of date eventually but that updates by submitting comments or editing posts will clear portions of the cache.
Your cache directory fills up over time, which takes up space on your server. If space is limited or billed by capacity, or if you worry that the cached pages of your site will go stale then garbage collection has to be done. Garbage collection happens on a regular basis and deletes old files in the cache directory. On the advanced settings page you can specify:
1. Cache timeout. How long cache files are considered fresh for. After this time they are stale and can be deleted.
2. Scheduler. Setup how often garbage collection should be done.
3. Notification emails. You can be informed on garbage collection job progress.
There’s no right or wrong settings for garbage collection. It depends on your own site.
If your site gets regular updates, or comments then set the timeout to 1800 seconds, and set the timer to 600 seconds.
If your site is mostly static you can disable garbage collection by entering 0 as the timeout, or use a really large timeout value.
The cache directory, usually wp-content/cache/ is only for temporary files. Do not ever put important files or symlinks to important files or directories in that directory. They will be deleted if the plugin has write access to them.
OSSDL CDN off-linker has been integrated into WP Super Cache to provide basic CDN support. It works by rewriting the URLs of files (excluding .php files) in wp-content and wp-includes on your server so they point at a different hostname. Many CDNs support origin pull. This means the CDN will download the file automatically from your server when it’s first requested, and will continue to serve it for a configurable length of time before downloading it again from your server.
Configure this on the “CDN” tab of the plugin settings page. This is an advanced technique and requires a basic understanding of how your webserver or CDNs work. Please be sure to clear the file cache after you configure the CDN.
There are now REST API endpoints for accessing the settings of this plugin. You’ll need to be authenticated as an admin user with permission to view the settings page to use it. This has not been documented yet but you can find all the code that deals with this in the “rest” directory.
It is now possible to hook into the caching process using the add_cacheaction() function.
Three hooks are available:
- ‘wp_cache_get_cookies_values’ – modify the key used by WP Cache.
- ‘add_cacheaction’ – runs in phase2. Allows a plugin to add WordPress hooks.
- ‘cache_admin_page’ – runs in the admin page. Use it to modify that page, perhaps by adding new configuration options.
There is one regular WordPress filter too. Use the “do_createsupercache” filter
to customize the checks made before caching. The filter accepts one parameter.
The output of WP-Cache’s wp_cache_get_cookies_values() function.
WP Super Cache has its own plugin system. This code is loaded when WP Super Cache loads and can be used to change how caching is done. This is before most of WordPress loads so some functionality will not be available. Plugins can be located anywhere that PHP can load them. Add your own plugin either:
- by putting your plugin in the wp-content/plugins/wp-super-cache-plugins directory, or
- by calling wpsc_add_plugin( $name ) where $name is the full filename and path to the plugin. You only need to call that function once to add it. Use wpsc_delete_plugin( $name ) to remove it from the list of loaded plugins.
The cookies WP Super Cache uses to identify “known users” can be modified now by adding the names of those cookies to a list in the plugin configuration. Use wpsc_add_cookie( $name ) to add a new cookie, and wpsc_delete_cookie( $name ) to remove it. The cookie names also modify the mod_rewrite rules used by the plugin but I recommend using Simple mode caching to avoid complications with updating the .htaccess file.
The cookie name and value are used to differenciate users so you can have one cookie, but different values for each type of user on your site for example. They’ll be served different cache files.
If things don’t work when you installed the plugin here are a few things to check:
- Is wp-content writable by the web server?
- Is there a wp-content/wp-cache-config.php ? If not, copy the file wp-super-cache/wp-cache-config-sample.php to wp-content/wp-cache-config.php and make sure WPCACHEHOME points at the right place.
- Is there a wp-content/advanced-cache.php ? If not, then you must copy wp-super-cache/advanced-cache.php into wp-content/. You must edit the file and change the path so it points at the wp-super-cache folder.
- If pages are not cached at all, remove wp-content/advanced-cache.php and recreate it, following the advice above.
Make sure the following line is in wp-config.php and it is ABOVE the “require_once(ABSPATH.’wp-settings.php’);” line:
define( 'WP_CACHE', true );
- Try the Settings->WP Super Cache page again and enable cache.
- Look in wp-content/cache/supercache/. Are there directories and files there?
- Anything in your php error_log?
- If your browser keeps asking you to save the file after the super cache is installed you must disable Super Cache compression. Go to the Settings->WP Super Cache page and disable it there.
- The plugin does not work very well when PHP’s safe mode is active. This must be disabled by your administrator.
- If pages are randomly super cached and sometimes not, your blog can probably be viewed with and without the “www” prefix on the URL. You should choose one way and install the Enforce www preference plugin if you are using an old WordPress install. The latest versions redirect themselves (you should always be running the latest version of WordPress anyway!)
- Private Server users at Dreamhost should edit wp-content/wp-cache-config.php and set the cache dir to “/tmp/” if they are getting errors about increasing CPU usage. See this discussion for more.
- File locking errors such as “failed to acquire key 0x152b: Permission denied in…” or “Page not cached by WP Super Cache. Could not get mutex lock.” are a sign that you may have to use file locking. Edit wp-content/wp-cache-config.php and uncomment “$use_flock = true” or set $sem_id to a different value. You can also disable file locking from the Admin screen as a last resort.
- Make sure cache/wp_cache_mutex.lock is writable by the web server if using coarse file locking.
- The cache folder cannot be put on an NFS or Samba or NAS share. It has to be on a local disk. File locking and deleting expired files will not work properly unless the cache folder is on the local machine.
Garbage collection of old cache files won’t work if WordPress can’t find wp-cron.php. If your hostname resolves to 127.0.0.1 it could be preventing the garbage collection from working. Check your access_logs for wp-cron.php entries. Do they return a 404 (file not found) or 200 code? If it’s 404 or you don’t see wp-cron.php anywhere WordPress may be looking for that script in the wrong place. You should speak to your server administator to correct this or edit /etc/hosts on Unix servers and remove the following line. Your hostname must resolve to the external IP address other servers on the network/Internet use. See http://yoast.com/wp-cron-issues/ for more. A line like “127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.localdomain” is ok.
- If old pages are being served to your visitors via the supercache, you may be missing Apache modules (or their equivalents if you don’t use Apache). 3 modules are required: mod_mime, mod_headers and mod_expires. The last two are especially important for making sure browsers load new versions of existing pages on your site.
- The error message, “WP Super Cache is installed but broken. The path to wp-cache-phase1.php in wp-content/advanced-cache.php must be fixed!” appears at the end of every page. Open the file wp-content/advanced-cache.php in your favourite editor. Is the path to wp-cache-phase1.php correct? This file will normally be in wp-content/plugins/wp-super-cache/. If it is not correct the caching engine will not load.
- Caching doesn’t work. The timestamp on my blog keeps changing when I reload. Check that the path in your .htaccess rules matches where the supercache directory is. You may have to hardcode it. Try disabling supercache mode.
If supercache cache files are generated but not served, check the permissions on all your wp-content/cache/supercache folders (and each of wp-content cache and supercache folders) and wp-content/cache/.htaccess. If your PHP runs as a different user to Apache and permissions are strict Apache may not be able to read the PHP generated cache files. To fix you must add the following line to your wp-config.php (Add it above the WP_CACHE define.) Then clear your cache.
umask( 0022 );
If you see garbage in your browser after enabling compression in the plugin, compression may already be enabled in your web server. In Apache you must disable mod_deflate, or in PHP zlib compression may be enabled. You can disable that in three ways. If you have root access, edit your php.ini and find the zlib.output_compression setting and make sure it’s “Off” or add this line to your .htaccess:
php_flag zlib.output_compression off
If that doesn’t work, add this line to your wp-config.php:
- The “white screen of death” or a blank page when you visit your site is almost always caused by a PHP error but it may also be caused by APC. Disable that PHP extension if you have trouble and replace with eAccelerator or Xcache.
- After uninstalling, your permalinks may break if you remove the WordPress mod_rewrite rules too. Regenerate those rules by visiting the Settings->Permalink page and saving that form again.
- If your blog refuses to load make sure your wp-config.php is correct. Are you missing an opening or closing PHP tag?
- Your front page is ok but posts and pages give a 404? Go to Settings->permalinks and click “Save” once you’ve selected a custom permalink structure. You may need to manually update your .htaccess file.
If certain characters do not appear correctly on your website your server may not be configured correctly. You need to tell visitors what character set is used. Go to Settings->Reading and copy the ‘Encoding for pages and feeds’ value. Edit the .htaccess file with all your Supercache and WordPress rewrite rules and add this at the top, replacing CHARSET with the copied value. (for example, ‘UTF-8’)
- Use Cron View to help diagnose garbage collection and preload problems. Use the plugin to make sure jobs are scheduled and for what time. Look for the wp_cache_gc and wp_cache_full_preload_hook jobs.
- The error message, “WP Super Cache is installed but broken. The constant WPCACHEHOME must be set in the file wp-config.php and point at the WP Super Cache plugin directory.” appears at the end of every page. You can delete wp-content/advanced-cache.php and reload the plugin settings page or edit wp-config.php and look for WPCACHEHOME and make sure it points at the wp-super-cache folder. This will normally be wp-content/plugins/wp-super-cache/ but you’ll likely need the full path to that file (so it’s easier to let the settings page fix it). If it is not correct the caching engine will not load.
- If your server is running into trouble because of the number of semaphores used by the plugin it’s because your users are using file locking which is not recommended (but is needed by a small number of users). You can globally disable file locking by defining the constant WPSC_DISABLE_LOCKING, or defining the constant WPSC_REMOVE_SEMAPHORE so that sem_remove() is called after every page is cached but that seems to cause problems for other processes requesting the same semaphore. Best to disable it.
- Set the variable $htaccess_path in wp-config.php or wp-cache-config.php to the path of your global .htaccess if the plugin is looking for that file in the wrong directory. This might happen if you have WordPress installed in an unusual way.
Tags: caching performance wp-super-cache cache wp-cache
Charts and Tracking Description >>
Google Analytics Plugin for WordPress
We believe that it’s easy to double your traffic and sales when you know exactly how people find and use your website. MonsterInsights shows you the stats that matter, so you can grow your business with confidence.
With over 2 million active installs, MonsterInsights is the most popular Google Analytics plugin for WordPress.
At MonsterInsights, we make it “effortless” to properly connect your WordPress site with Google Analytics, so you can start making data-driven decisions to grow your business.
Unlike other Google Analytics plugins, MonsterInsights allow you to enable all advanced Google analytics tracking features with just a few clicks (no need to hire a developer).
The best part is that MonsterInsights comes with a Google Analytics Dashboard for WordPress that shows you actionable analytics reports right inside your WordPress dashboard. We have created customized reports that eliminates the fluff and only show you the stats that matter, so you can see exactly what’s working and what’s not!
Simply put, MonsterInsights is the most complete Google Analytics plugin for WordPress that’s both EASY and POWERFUL.
That’s why millions of small businesses and top companies like Microsoft, Bloomberg, FedEx, Yelp, Subway, etc. use MonsterInsights to setup Google Analytics on their WordPress sites.
This plugin is the lite version of MonsterInsights Pro plugin that comes with all the Google analytics tracking features you will ever need including events tracking, ecommerce tracking, custom dimensions tracking, popular post tracing, affiliate link tracking, and tons more. Click here to purchase the best premium Google Analytics plugin for WordPress now!
We took the pain out of installing Google Analytics in WordPress and made it easy. Here’s why over 2 million smart business owners, designers, and developers love MonsterInsights, and you will too!
Quick & Easy Google Analytics Setup
The old way of “properly” setting up Google Analytics was complicated. You had to either hire a developer or learn to add Google Analytics code in various different areas of your WordPress theme. The setup time would take days to weeks if you wanted to add powerful features like events tracking, eCommerce tracking, etc.
With MonsterInsights, we made it “effortless” to properly setup Google Analytics in WordPress. Yes, you can enable all advanced Google Analytics features with just a few clicks.
If you can point-and-click, then you can setup WordPress analytics and start seeing insights in under 15 minutes (no code necessary).
We keep up with all Google Analytics updates, so you can sleep well at night knowing that your website will always stay up to date with the newest features in Google Analytics.
See what one business owner is saying about MonsterInsights:
It just works. Really easy way to insert Google Analytics tracking code and keep it there when switching themes. No need to copy/paste code anywhere. This is the best way to handle Google Analytics in WordPress.
Google Analytics Dashboard + Real Time Stats
Our goal at MonsterInsights is to make analytics easy and accessible for everyone.
We understand that Google Analytics has a steep learning curve which often prevents small business owners from making informed decisions to grow their business.
That’s why MonsterInsights comes with a built-in Google Analytics Dashboard for your WordPress site, so you can see all the useful information about your visitors right inside your WordPress dashboard.
We have created customized Google Analytics reports to help you filter through the noise and see the stats that really matter!
Audience Report helps you get to know your visitors in a whole new way. It shows you detailed insights like which country your visitors are coming from, what are they most interested in, which device are they using, their age, gender, and a whole lot more. You can use this demographics report and audience clues to tweak your website design and content accordingly.
Behavior Report shows you exactly how people find your website, which keywords did they search for, who referred them, what did they click on your site, and more. You can use these useful stats to identify low-hanging fruits, new partnership opportunities, and promotional areas to focus on.
Content Report shows you stats on exactly which content gets the most visits, so you can stop guessing and start creating content that gets more traffic and conversion.
Ecommerce Report shows you important store stats like total revenue, conversion rate, average order value, top referral sources, and more (all in one place).
Forms Report shows you conversion stats for various contact forms and lead forms on your website, so you can improve the conversions to grow your business.
Search Console Report shows you exactly how well your website is ranking in Google, so you can further optimize your SEO to grow your organic traffic.
Custom Dimensions Report helps you dig deeper by showing you useful stats like who are your most popular authors, what are the best publication times, which are your most popular categories or tags, how well are your Yoast focus keywords and SEO score performing, and more.
Our custom Google Analytics Dashboard reports are based on over 12+ years of online business experience. We built MonsterInsights to be the Google Analytics plugin that we wish we had.
We currently use MonsterInsights on all our portfolio companies which include both media sites generating tens of millions of pageviews and eCommerce sites generating millions in sales.
That’s why we can confidently say that MonsterInsights is the ultimate Google Analytics Shortcut for seeing the stats that matter and making data-driven decisions to grow your business.
I love being able to drill down into the analytics via the reporting feature. I have the PRO version and it makes a big difference what you can analyze. I’m glad that I can integrate with Pretty Links too!
Kim Beasley – MonsterInsights user
Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce Tracking Made Easy
Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce tracking is a powerful feature that lets you track user behavior across your online store starting from product views to checkout page to thank you page and beyond.
With MonsterInsights’ easy WooCommerce Google Analytics integration, you can setup WooCommerce analytics with literally 1-click.
Once you have enabled WooCommerce tracking, MonsterInsights will show you all important WooCommerce metrics in a single dashboard including WooCommerce conversion rate, top products in your WooCommerce store, total transactions, total revenue, average order value, top referral sources, and more.
Our WooCommerce analytics report also include other detailed WooCommerce event tracking data like total add to carts, total removed from cart, time to purchase, and sessions to purchase.
For those who want to go beyond our WooCommerce stats dashboard, you can easily open up the Google Analytics dashboard to combine WooCommerce Google Analytics data with other secondary dimensions and filters to find exactly what you’re looking for.
Aside from WooCommerce Google Analytics integration, MonsterInsights’ Ecommerce addon also offers seamless integration for the Easy Digital Downloads plugin.
Our Easy Digital Downloads Google Analytics integration allows you to setup Enhanced Ecommerce Tracking on your store with just 1-click.
Simply put, MonsterInsights’ Enhanced Ecommerce for WordPress feature is by far the easiest and most powerful in the market.
Google Analytics + GDPR Compliance
MonsterInsights helps make Google Analytics GDPR compliance easier for business owners.
Our EU compliance addon allows you to:
- Anonymize IP in Google Analytics
- Disable the Demographics and Interest Reports for Remarketing and Advertising
- Disable UserID and author name tracking
- Enable the ga() compatibility mode
- Integrate with Cookie Notice and CookieBot plugins to collect user consent before tracking
- Integrate with Google AMP Consent Box before enable tracking
- Integrate with Google Analytics’s Chrome browser opt-out extension and built-in cookie opt-out system
- Offer Easy Opt Out link for Google Analytics tracking
While no single plugin can guarantee 100% GDPR compliance in WordPress, MonsterInsights goes to great length in helping business owners with Google Analytics GDPR compliance.
For more details, see: GDPR and MonsterInsights – Everything You Need to Know.
Universal Tracking + Google Analytics for AMP and Instant Articles
MonsterInsights uses Google Analytics universal tracking, so you can track your users across devices and platforms.
Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) is a project by Google that helps you speed up your website. However if you don’t set it up properly, Google AMP can cause you to lose your website analytics. Our Google Analytics AMP integration allows you to have accurate Google Analytics tracking on all AMP enabled pages. It works seamlessly with AMP for WordPress plugin.
We also offer 1-click Google Analytics integration with Facebook Instant Articles.
At MonsterInsights, we always stay ahead of the curve in helping you integrate WordPress with the latest Google Analytics tracking features.
Analytics for PROs! This plugin brings it all, great features and helpful info to easily see what you are doing.
Frank van der Sluijs
Google AdSense Tracking and Affiliate Link Tracking
With MonsterInsights Ads tracking addon, publishers can easily track the performance of their Google AdSense Ads inside their Google Analytics dashboard.
Our affiliate link tracking makes it easy for bloggers and affiliate marketers to track their affiliate links with Google Analytics.
MonsterInsights uses event tracking for all WordPress outbound link tracking which is far more accurate than any built-in WordPress analytics solution.
Most other WordPress stats plugin track data on your WordPress hosting server which slows down your website and does not scale for larger websites.
Since our affiliate link tracking use Google Analytics’ powerful servers, we can skip WordPress entirely and send data directly to Google Analytics.
MonsterInsights’ affiliate link tracking feature works with all WordPress affiliate link management plugins including Pretty Links, Thirsty Affiliates, and others.
Custom Dimensions Tracking, Custom Google Analytics Event Tracking, and More
Our Google Analytics event tracking feature for WordPress doesn’t just stop at affiliate link tracking.
You can use MonsterInsights custom Google analytics event tracking feature to easily add outbound-link tracking, file downloads tracking, call-to-action button tracking, hashmark tracking, telephone link tracking, and more.
Our powerful Forms Tracking addon uses Google Analytics custom event tracking feature to enable form analytics in WordPress. With just 1-click, you can enable form conversion tracking for your contact forms, lead generation forms, registration forms, surveys, and any other type of form in WordPress.
MonsterInsights’ Custom Dimensions addon allows you to push WordPress analytics even further. You can use Google Analytics custom dimensions to generate helpful WordPress stats for:
- Author Tracking – see stats for each author to find which author’s posts generate the most traffic.
- Post Type Tracking – see stats for WordPress post types to find out which sections are performing the best.
- Category Tracking – see stats for your WordPress categories to find out which sections of your sites are the most popular.
- Tags Tracking – see stats for your WordPress tags to find out which tags are the most popular.
- SEO Score Tracking – see stats for your Yoast SEO score and see how it impacts your traffic.
- Focus Keyword Tracking – see stats for Yoast focus keyword and see how it correlates with your traffic.
- Logged-in User Tracking – see WordPress stats for what percentage of your users are logged-in.
- User ID Tracking – see stats for each individual logged-in user’s activity through User ID custom dimension – great for Ecommerce and membership sites.
- Published Time Tracking – track the performance of your posts based on their published time in Google Analytics.
Simply put, MonsterInsights allow you to take full advantage of all the powerful Google Analytics features.
I like how simple it is for client users and how I can turn on the advanced features for myself to get all the details right.
Google Analytics Dashboard Plugin for WordPress Multisite Networks
MonsterInsights is the most popular analytics plugin for adding Google Analytics to WordPress multisite.
We have built-in all permissions and controls that you would need to successfully run Google Analytics on a WordPress multi-site.
You can control who has access to view the Google Analytics Dashboard report in WordPress. Our permissions setting allows you to hide Google analytics reports for specific user roles.
Similarly, we understand that some sites may want to exclude logged-in users from Google Analytics tracking. MonsterInsights gives you granular control to exclude admin in Google Analytics as well as other user roles.
Our performance addon allows you to adjust sample rate and site speed sample rates for Google Analytics.
By now you can probably see why MonsterInsights has become the most popular Google Analytics plugin for WordPress.
We understand Google Analytics better than any other analytics plugin for WordPress.
Full MonsterInsights Feature List
- Quick and Easy Setup – Easily setup Google Analytics for WordPress with just a few clicks (no coding needed)
- Real Time Stats – See real time stats inside your Google Analytics dashboard.
- Universal Tracking – Get better insights with Google Analytics’ universal tracking.
- Google Analytics Dashboard – See the stats that matter from right inside your WordPress dashboard with custom Publisher Report, Ecommerce report, and Search Console report.
- Ecommerce Tracking – Add Google Analytics Ecommerce tracking to WordPress.
- WooCommerce Google Analytics – Add Enhanced Ecommerce Tracking to your WooCommerce store.
- Easy Digital Downloads Google Analytics – Add Enhanced Ecommerce Tracking to your EDD store.
- Ads Tracking – Track your Google Adsense ads with Google Analytics.
- Affiliate Link Tracking – Track your affiliate links and get stats that matter.
- File Download Tracking – Enable file download stats with just a click.
- Custom Link Tracking – Track your outbound link clicks with Google Analytics.
- Events Tracking – Track custom button and banner clicks with Google Analytics.
- Custom Dimensions Tracking – Enable Google analytics custom dimensions tracking for WordPress.
- Author Tracking – See author stats and discover who’s the most popular author on your site.
- Popular Post Tracking – See which blog post and section is the most popular.
- Custom Post Type Tracking – Track the performance of your custom post types.
- Referral Tracking – See how visitors are finding your website to better focus your marketing efforts.
- Performance Tracking – Control the performance rate and sample rate for your Google Analytics report.
- Enhanced Link Attribution – Get better analytics with enhanced link attribution.
- Google Analytics for AMP – Add proper Google Analytics tracking for Google AMP.
- Google Analytics for Facebook Instant Articles – Add proper Google Analytics tracking for Facebook Analytics.
- Google Analytics GDPR Compliance – EU compliance addon helps you improve Google Analytics GDPR compliance by adding anonymize IP, cookie consent for Google Analytics, opt-out tracking, and more.
- Form Conversion Tracking – Track conversions for your WordPress forms. Works with all popular plugins including WPForms, Contact Form 7, Gravity Forms, Formidable Forms, and more.
- Google Optimize Tracking – Enable Google Analytics support for Google Optimize A/B Testing.
- Google Analytics Tools – Helpful tools for Google analytics such as UTM link tracking builder.
- Want us to add something else? Suggest a feature and we’ll get it added!
After reading this exhaustive feature list, you can probably imagine why MonsterInsights is the best Google Analytics plugin for WordPress.
Give MonsterInsights a try.
Want to unlock more features? Upgrade to our Pro version.
Simple, yet powerful. Amazing piece of plugin, does exactly what expected and even more.
Popular Google Analytics Tutorials
- How to setup Google Analytics with WordPress
- How to Login to Google Analytics
- How to Start a WordPress Blog (step by step)
Note for Beginners
Like all WordPress plugins, Google Analytics by MonsterInsights is only available for self-hosted WordPress sites. This means you will need to switch from WordPress.com to WordPress.org if you want to use this plugin on your WordPress site.
For more details, see this infographic on self hosted WordPress.org vs free WordPress.com
MonsterInsights® is a registered trademark of MonsterInsights LLC. When writing about the Google Analytics for WordPress plugin by MonsterInsights, please make sure to uppercase the first letters of both word.
- MonsterInsights (correct)
- Monster Insights (incorrect)
- monsterinsights (incorrect)
- monsterinsight (incorrect)
If you like this plugin, then consider checking out our other projects:
- OptinMonster – Get More Email Subscribers
- WPForms – Best WordPress Contact Form Plugin
- AIOSEO – The original WordPress SEO plugin to help you rank higher in search results (trusted by over 2 million sites)
- SeedProd – Most popular coming soon & maintenance mode plugin for WordPress
- WP Mail SMTP – Improve email deliverability for your contact form with the most popular SMTP plugin for WordPress
- RafflePress – Best WordPress giveaway and contest plugin to grow traffic and social followers
- Smash Balloon – #1 social feeds plugin for WordPress – display social media content in WordPress without code
- PushEngage – Connect with visitors after they leave your website with the leading web push notification plugin
- TrustPulse – Add real-time social proof notifications to boost your store conversions by up to 15%
This plugin would not be possible without the help and support of WPBeginner, the largest WordPress resource site. You can learn from our free WordPress Tutorials like how to install WordPress, choose the best WordPress hosting, WordPress glossary, and more.
You can also learn about other best WordPress plugins.
The overview report
Top countries and referrals
Top posts and pages
Authentication with MonsterInsights
File download tracking
eCommerce tracking - no configuration required (Pro feature)
eCommerce report (Pro feature)
Search console report (Pro feature)
Custom dimensions tracking (Pro feature)
Custom Dimensions report (Pro feature)
Tags: wordpress-analytics google-analytics woocommerce-stats google-analytics-widget google-analytics-dashboard
Charts and Tracking Description >>
Regenerate Thumbnails allows you to regenerate all thumbnail sizes for one or more images that have been uploaded to your Media Library.
This is useful for situations such as:
- A new thumbnail size has been added and you want past uploads to have a thumbnail in that size.
- You’ve changed the dimensions of an existing thumbnail size, for example via Settings â Media.
- You’ve switched to a new WordPress theme that uses featured images of a different size.
It also offers the ability to delete old, unused thumbnails in order to free up server space.
In Memory of Alex Mills
In February 2019 Alex Mills, the author of this plugin, passed away. He leaves behind a number of plugins which will be maintained by Automattic and members of the WordPress community. If this plugin is useful to you please consider donating to the Oregon Health and Science University. You can find more information here.
If you have command line access to your server, I highly recommend using WP-CLI instead of this plugin as it’s faster (no HTTP requests overhead) and can be run inside of a
screenfor those with many thumbnails. For details, see the documentation of its
Jetpack’s Photon Module
Jetpack is a plugin by Automattic, makers of WordPress.com. It gives your self-hosted WordPress site some of the functionality that is available to WordPress.com-hosted sites.
The Photon module makes the images on your site be served from WordPress.com’s global content delivery network (CDN) which should speed up the loading of images. Importantly though it can create thumbnails on the fly which means you’ll never need to use this plugin.
I personally use Photon on my own website.
Disclaimer: I work for Automattic but I would recommend Photon even if I didn’t.
Need Help? Found A Bug? Want To Contribute Code?
Support for this plugin is provided via the WordPress.org forums.
The source code for this plugin is available on GitHub.
The main plugin interface.
Regenerating in progress.
Interface for regenerating a single attachment.
Individual images can be regenerated from the media library in list view.
They can also be regenerated from the edit attachment screen.
Tags: post-thumbnail post-thumbnails thumbnails thumbnail
Charts and Tracking Description >>
UpdraftPlus simplifies backups and restoration. It is the world’s highest ranking and most popular scheduled backup plugin, with over three million currently-active installs. Backup your files and database backups into the cloud and restore with a single click!
Backup into the cloud directly to Dropbox, Google Drive, Amazon S3 (or compatible), UpdraftVault, Rackspace Cloud, FTP, DreamObjects, Openstack Swift, and email. The paid version also backs up to Microsoft OneDrive, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Storage, Backblaze B2, SFTP, SCP, and WebDAV.
Don’t risk your backups on anything less
Your WordPress backups are worth the entire investment you’ve made in your website. The day may come when you get hacked, when something goes wrong with an update, your server crashes or your hosting company goes bust – without good backups, you lose everything. Would you entrust all your hard work to a backup plugin with only a few thousand downloads, mixed reviews or no professional support?
Believe us: writing a reliable backup plugin that works consistently across the huge range of WordPress deployments is hard.
UpdraftPlus works. We’ll keep your backups safe.
Why you should backup your website.
WordPress like any CMS can be vulnerable to things such as server crashes, hacking, security flaws, bad plugin or theme updates and insecure web hosts. If anything happened to your website, it would cost you dearly in time, money and reputation.
Whilst other security measures are essential, backups are the ultimate insurance: they mean that, if the worst were to happen, your website (plus all related files and databases) stay safe, and can be restored in no time.
You could always create your own manual backups- but using backup plugin is infinitely quicker, simpler and safer. Life’s busy enough! With UpdraftPlus, you can simply “set and forget”, scheduling in automatic backups to save you time, work and hassle.
How UpdraftPlus compares with other backup plugins:
UpdraftPlus is the most highly-rated and popular plugin out there – and for good reason. Not only is it comprehensive in terms of its features, but it’s also easy and intuitive to use. And because it has such a vast user base, it’s tried and tested in a whole range of different situations and scenarios.
Unlike many other plugins, UpdraftPlus:
- Restores, as well as backing up
- Backs up to more cloud options than any others
- Allows you to set up automatic backup schedules, for the ultimate in convenience
- Is faster, using up fewer server resources
- Has been tested on over 3 million sites
On our website, we’ve got a whole page dedicated to how our Premium version compares with the competition here
The free version of UpdraftPlus works just fine, but if you need more features and options you can purchase our Premium version. Here are some of the many features of UpdraftPlus Premium:
- Incremental backups
- Easily duplicates or migrates websites (with Migrator)
- Multisite/multi-network compatible
- Backs up non WP files and databases to multiple remote destinations
- More storage destinations (e.g. OneDrive, BackBlaze, Azure, SFTP) and multiple destinations
- Database encryption
- Advanced reporting
- Supports WP-CLI
- Free dedicated expert support
Managing multiple website backups
We’ve also developed a brilliant new plugin that allows you to backup, update and manage all of your websites remotely from one central location. It’s called UpdraftCentral, and it comes in 2 different forms:
- UpdraftCentral (free, self-hosted)
- UpdraftCentral Premium (fully-hosted and “ready-to-go”, cloud version also available)
Instantly create a temporary clone of your site (UpdraftClone)
A temporary clone is an instant copy of this website, running on our servers. You don’t need to test or develop on your live site; instead, you can UpdraftClone it, and throw away your clone when done. Learn more about UpdraftClone here.
- Easy: Press the buttons… UpdraftClone does the work.
- Reliable: Runs on capacity from a leading cloud computing provider.
- Secure: One VPS (Virtual Private Server) per clone, shared with nobody.
- Fast: Takes just the time needed to create a backup and send it.
- Flexible: If you want, test upgrading to a different PHP or WP version.
To create a temporary clone you need: 1) credit in your account and 2) to connect to your account. You can buy UpdraftClone tokens from our shop, here.
Are you multi-lingual? Can you translate?
Are you able to translate UpdraftPlus into another language? Are you ready to help speakers of your language? UpdraftPlus Backup/Restore itself is ready and waiting – the only work needed is the translating. The translation process is easy, and web-based – go here for instructions: https://updraftplus.com/translate/. (Or if you’re an expert WordPress translator already, then just pick out the .pot file from the wp-content/plugins/updraftplus/languages/ directory – if you scan for translatable strings manually, then you need to get these functions: _x(), __(), _e(), _ex(), log_e()).
Many thanks to the existing translators – listed at: https://updraftplus.com/translate/
More premium plugins
If you are in the market for other WordPress premium plugins (especially WooCommerce addons), then try our sister shop, here.
For other useful free plugins see our lead developer’s profile, here.
Copyright 2011-20 David Anderson This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA
Reliance upon any non-English translation is at your own risk; UpdraftPlus can give no guarantees that translations from the original English are accurate.
We recognise and thank those mentioned at https://updraftplus.com/acknowledgements/ for code and/or libraries used and/or modified under the terms of their open source licences.
Main dashboard - screenshots are from UpdraftPlus Premium, so may reference some features that are not part of the free version
Configuring your backups
Take a backup
Restoring from a backup
Tags: wordpress-backup restore cloud-backup backup database-backup
Charts and Tracking Description >>
SiteOrigin Page Builder is the most popular page creation plugin for WordPress. It makes it easy to create responsive column based content, using the widgets you know and love. Your content will accurately adapt to all mobile devices, ensuring your site is mobile-ready. Read more on SiteOrigin.
We’ve created an intuitive interface that looks just like WordPress itself. It’s easy to learn, so you’ll be building beautiful, responsive content in no time.
Page Builder works with standard WordPress widgets, so you’ll always find the widget you need. We’ve created the SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle to give you all the most common widgets, and with a world of plugins out there, you’ll always find the widget you need.
It works with your theme.
Page Builder gives you complete freedom to choose any WordPress theme you like. It’s not a commitment to a single theme or theme developer. The advantage is that you’re free to change themes as often as you like. Your content will always come along with you.
We’ve also made some fantastic free themes that work well with Page Builder.
No coding required.
Page Builder’s simple drag and drop interface means you’ll never need to write a single line of code. Page Builder generates all the highly efficient code for you.
We don’t limit you with a set of pre-defined row layouts. Page Builder gives you complete flexibility. You can choose the exact number of columns for each row and the precise weight of each column – down to the decimal point. This flexibility is all possible using our convenient row builder. And, if you’re not sure what you like, the Row Builder will guide you towards beautifully proportioned content using advanced ratios.
Page Builder supports live editing. This tool lets you see your content and edit widgets in real-time. It’s the fastest way to adjust your content quickly and easily.
This tool lets you roll forward and back through your changes. It gives you the freedom to experiment with different layouts and content without the fear of breaking your content.
Row and widget styles.
Row and widget styles give you all the control you need to make your content uniquely your own. Change attributes like paddings, background colours and column spacing. You can also enter custom CSS and CSS classes if you need even finer grained control.
It’s free, and always will be.
Page Builder is our commitment to the democratization of content creation. Like WordPress, Page Builder is, and always will be free. We’ll continue supporting and developing it for many years to come. It’ll only get better from here.
We offer free support on the SiteOrigin support forums.
Page Builder is actively developed with new features and exciting enhancements all the time. Keep track on the Page Builder GitHub repository.
Read the Page Builder developer docs if you’d like to develop for Page Builder.
Available in 17 Languages
Through the efforts of both professional translators and our community, Page Builder is available in the following languages: Afrikaans, Bulgarian, Chinese (simplified), Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese (BR), Russian, Spanish and Swedish.
Documentation is available on SiteOrigin.
The page builder interface.
Powerful widget insert dialog with groups and search.
Live Editor that lets you change your content in real time.
Undo changes with the History Browser.
Row Builder that gives unlimited flexibility.
Tags: responsive widgets builder page-builder widget
Charts and Tracking Description >>
Use the Advanced Custom Fields plugin to take full control of your WordPress edit screens & custom field data.
Add fields on demand. Our field builder allows you to quickly and easily add fields to WP edit screens with only the click of a few buttons!
Add them anywhere. Fields can be added all over WP including posts, users, taxonomy terms, media, comments and even custom options pages!
Show them everywhere. Load and display your custom field values in any theme template file with our hassle free developer friendly functions!
- Simple & Intuitive
- Powerful Functions
- Over 30 Field Types
- Extensive Documentation
- Millions of Users
The Advanced Custom Fields plugin is also available in a professional version which includes more fields, more functionality, and more flexibility! Learn more
Tags: custom-fields fields meta repeater acf
Charts and Tracking Description >>
This is not just a plugin, it symbolizes the hope and enthusiasm of an entire generation summed up in two words sung most famously by Louis Armstrong: Hello, Dolly. When activated you will randomly see a lyric from Hello, Dolly in the upper right of your admin screen on every page.
Charts and Tracking Description >>
The ExactMetrics Google Analytics for WordPress plugin helps you properly setup all the powerful Google Analytics tracking features without writing any code or hiring a developer.
More importantly, over 1 million users love ExactMetrics because of our signature Google Analytics Dashboard that helps you view key Google Analytics stats right inside your WordPress dashboard.
Our goal at ExactMetrics is to help you grow your business faster with data-driven decisions.
This is why we built the most comprehensive Google Analytics plugin for WordPress, so you can setup all the powerful tracking features that website owners otherwise miss out on when simply pasting the analytics code in WordPress.
We go beyond the simple analytics script and add the advanced event tracking, so you can see all important user behavior in WordPress with just a few clicks (without hiring a developer).
Basically, we made the same advanced Google analytics setup that big enterprise companies used to pay thousands of dollars for, available to every small business owner without the high costs.
This is why even the large companies like Microsoft, Quickbooks, Pizza Hut, Delta, Pepsi, Coldwell Bankers, and many others are using Exact Metrics to properly setup Google Analytics and see the custom analytics reports in WordPress.
This plugin is the lite version of ExactMetrics Pro plugin that comes with all the Google analytics tracking features you will ever need including events tracking, ecommerce tracking, custom dimensions tracking, form conversion tracking, affiliate link tracking, and tons more. Click here to purchase the best premium Google Analytics plugin for WordPress now!
We are on a mission to level the playing field for small businesses, so they can grow their business faster with data-driven decisions.
See what one business owner is saying about ExactMetrics:
This is absolutely, positively, one of the TOP plugins to install on your WP site. There is no better way to quickly gauge traffic for spikes, surges, and consistency. I installed this on over a dozen WordPress installations and counting, thank you for an outstanding app!
Full ExactMetrics Feature List
- Accurate Tracking – Properly setup all powerful Google Analytics features with just a few clicks (without hiring a developer)
- Easy Google Analytics Dashboard – See your Google analytics reports right inside your WordPress dashboard with actionable insights.
- Real-time Stats – See who is viewing your website, what they’re doing, where they’re coming from, how they found your site, and more.
- Ecommerce Tracking – Setup Google Analytics Enhanced eCommerce tracking for WooCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, & MemberPress (with 1-click).
- GDPR / CCPA Compliant – Automatically make Google Analytics compliant with GDPR, CCPA, and other privacy regulations.
- Affiliate Link Tracking – Automatically track clicks on your affiliate links with our enhanced link attribution.
- Ad Tracking – Automatically track clicks on Google AdSense banner ads inside Google Analytics.
- File Download Tracking – Track every file download with just one-click.
- Outbound link tracking – Track your outbound link clicks inside Google Analytics.
- Custom Dimensions Tracking – Enable Google analytics custom dimensions tracking for WordPress events.
- Author Tracking – See author stats and discover who’s the most popular author on your site.
- Google Analytics for AMP – Add proper Google Analytics tracking for Google AMP.
- Form Conversion Tracking – Track conversions for your WordPress forms. Works with all popular plugins including WPForms, Contact Form 7, Gravity Forms, Formidable Forms, default WordPress comment form, and more.
- Performance Addon – Adjust Google Analytics speed & sample rate, along with other advanced performance features.
- Google Optimize Addon – Enable A/B Testing with Google Optimize and connect it with Google Analytics.
- Custom Events Tracking – Track custom button, menu links, and banner clicks with Google Analytics.
- Referral Tracking – See your top traffic referrals so you can unlock new opportunities.
- Page level insights – Get detailed insights for each post, page, and products, so you can see the most popular areas and sections of your site.
- Popular post tracking – See which pages, posts, and products are the most popular with Google Analytics.
- Scroll Depth tracking – See how far users scroll on your website with automatic scroll tracking in Google Analytics.
Custom Analytics Reports
- Overview Report – See the most important Google Analytics data in an easy to understand report, right inside your WordPress dashboard (Save 5 minutes each day).
- Publisher Report – See exactly which content gets the most visit, which affiliate links are performing the best, what new partnership opportunities you should pursue, and more.
- Ecommerce Report – See all your important online store metrics in one place such as total revenue, conversion rate, average order value, top products, top conversion sources, and more.
- Search Console Report – See how well your website is ranking in Google, so you can optimize your SEO to grow your traffic.
- Forms Report – See your conversion stats for various contact forms and lead forms on your website to improve conversions.
- Custom Dimensions Report – See useful stats like most popular authors, best publication times, popular categories, tags, Yoast focus keywords, SEO score, etc.
- Real Time Report – see who is online on your website in real-time, right inside your WordPress dashboard.
- Customizable Google Analytics Dashboard Widget – Our dashboard widget allows you to have quick access to your most important stats at the moment you login to your WordPress dashboard.
- Page Insights in Admin Bar – Easily view analytics for each individual page and post from the ExactMetrics menu in WordPress admin bar while browsing your website.
- Email Summaries – Get the most important metrics delivered to you and/or your client’s email inboxes weekly with our brandable Email Summaries, allowing you to keep up to date on your website’s Google Analytics results even without needing to login to the Google Analytics dashboard.
- PDF Exports – Easily take your ExactMetrics reports with you or send them to clients or colleagues by exporting all ExactMetrics reports as a brandable PDF.
- WooCommerce Google Analytics – Automatically setup Google analytics enhanced eCommerce tracking for WooCommerce.
- Easy Digital Downloads Google Analytics – Automatically setup Google analytics enhanced eCommerce tracking for EDD.
- MemberPress Google Analytics – Automatically setup Google analytics enhanced eCommerce tracking for MemberPress.
- WPForms Google Analytics – Automatically setup form conversion tracking for WPForms.
- Formidable Forms Google Analytics – Automatically setup form conversion tracking for Formidable Forms.
- Gravity Forms Google Analytics – Automatically setup form conversion tracking for Gravity Forms.
- Contact Form 7 Google Analytics – Automatically setup form conversion tracking for Contact Form 7.
- Yoast Google Analytics – Automatically setup SEO score tracking for Yoast SEO with custom dimensions.
- Pretty Links Google Analytics – Automatically setup affiliate link tracking for Pretty Links.
- Thirsty Affiliates Google Analytics – Automatically setup affiliate link tracking for Thirsty Affiliates.
- Google AdSense + Google Analytics – Automatically setup banner ads tracking for Google AdSense.
- Google Optimize + Google Analytics – Easily enable A/B testing in WordPress with Google Optimize and Google Analytics.
After reading this comprehensive feature list, you can probably imagine why over 1 million websites use ExactMetrics as their preferred Google Analytics plugin for WordPress.
Give ExactMetrics a try.
Want to unlock more features? Upgrade to our Pro version.
Love this plugin! It’s got powerful customization options, it’s easy to use, there’s good documentation, and if all that’s not enough, ExactMetrics is quick to provide support. Thanks for this wonderful plugin!
Note for Beginners
Like all WordPress plugins, Google Analytics Dashboard for WordPress by ExactMetrics is only available for self-hosted WordPress sites. This means you will need to switch from WordPress.com to WordPress.org if you want to use this plugin on your WordPress site.
For more details, see this infographic on self hosted WordPress.org vs free WordPress.com
If you like this plugin, then consider checking out our other projects:
- OptinMonster – Get More Email Subscribers
- WPForms – Best WordPress Contact Form Plugin
- SeedProd – Most popular coming soon & maintenance mode plugin for WordPress
- RafflePress – Popular WordPress giveaway and contest plugin.
- WP Mail SMTP – Fix WordPress email deliverability issue with SMTP.
- All in One SEO Pack – Popular WordPress SEO plugin to help you rank higher.
This plugin would not be possible without the help and support of WPBeginner, the largest free WordPress resource site for beginners. You can learn from our free WordPress Tutorials like how to install WordPress, choose the best WordPress hosting, WordPress glossary, and more.
You can also learn about other best WordPress plugins.
You can translate Google Analytics Dashboard for WP by ExactMetrics on translate.wordpress.org.
Google Analytics Dashboard for WP Dashboard Widget (shown in small mode, can be configured to full size or hidden; can also customize reports shown)
Google Analytics Dashboard for WP Overview Report
Google Analytics Dashboard for WP eCommerce Report
Google Analytics Dashboard for WP Settings Page (super simple to use and configure as needed)
Tags: analytics google-analytics google-analytics-widget google-analytics-plugin google-analytics-dashboard
Charts and Tracking Description >>
W3 Total Cache (W3TC) improves the SEO and user experience of your site by increasing website performance and reducing load times by leveraging features like content delivery network (CDN) integration and the latest best practices.
W3TC is the only web host agnostic Web Performance Optimization (WPO) framework for WordPress trusted by millions of publishers, web developers, and web hosts worldwide for more than a decade. It is the total performance solution for optimizing your WordPress Website.
An inside look:
- Improvements in search engine result page rankings, especially for mobile-friendly websites and sites that use SSL
- At least 10x improvement in overall site performance (Grade A in WebPagetest or significant Google Page Speed improvements) when fully configured
- Improved conversion rates and “site performance” which affect your site’s rank on Google.com
- “Instant” repeat page views: browser caching
- Optimized progressive render: pages start rendering quickly and can be interacted with more quickly
- Reduced page load time: increased visitor time on site; visitors view more pages
- Improved web server performance; sustain high traffic periods
- Up to 80% bandwidth savings when you minify HTML, minify CSS and minify JS files.
- Compatible with shared hosting, virtual private / dedicated servers and dedicated servers / clusters
- Transparent content delivery network (CDN) management with Media Library, theme files and WordPress itself
- Mobile support: respective caching of pages by referrer or groups of user agents including theme switching for groups of referrers or user agents
- Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) support
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) support
- Caching of (minified and compressed) pages and posts in memory or on disk or on (FSD) CDN (by user agent group)
- Caching of feeds (site, categories, tags, comments, search results) in memory or on disk or on CDN
- Caching of search results pages (i.e. URIs with query string variables) in memory or on disk
- Caching of database objects in memory or on disk
- Caching of objects in memory or on disk
- Caching of fragments in memory or on disk
- Caching methods include local Disk, Redis, Memcached, APC, APCu, eAccelerator, XCache, and WinCache
- Minification of posts and pages and RSS feeds
- Minification of inline, embedded or 3rd party CSS with automated updates to assets
- Defer offscreen images using Lazy Load to improve the user experience
- Browser caching using cache-control, future expire headers and entity tags (ETag) with “cache-busting”
- Import post attachments directly into the Media Library (and CDN)
- Leverage our multiple CDN integrations to optimize images
- WP-CLI support for cache purging, query string updating and more
- Various security features to help ensure website safety
- Caching statistics for performance insights of any enabled feature
- Extension framework for customization or extensibility for Cloudflare, WPML and much more
- Reverse proxy integration via Nginx or Varnish
Speed up your site tremendously, and improve the user experience for your readers without having to change WordPress, your theme, your plugins or how you produce your content.
What users have to say:
- Read testimonials from W3TC users.
Who do I thank for all of this?
It’s quite difficult to recall all of the innovators that have shared their thoughts, code and experiences in the blogosphere over the years, but here are some names to get you started:
- Steve Souders
- Steve Clay
- Ryan Grove
- Nicholas Zakas
- Ryan Dean
- Andrei Zmievski
- George Schlossnagle
- Daniel Cowgill
- Rasmus Lerdorf
- Gopal Vijayaraghavan
- Bart Vanbraban
Please reach out to all of these people and support their projects if you’re so inclined.
Tags: pagespeed performance seo cache optimize
Charts and Tracking Description >>
With over 20 million downloads Duplicator successfully gives WordPress users the ability to migrate, copy, move or clone a site from one location to another and also serves as a simple backup utility. Duplicator handles serialized and base64 serialized replacements. Standard WordPress migration and WordPress backups are easily handled by this plugin as are zero downtime migrations.
For complete details visit snapcreek.com.
Quick Video Demo
Duplicator is the most powerful migrator available. It enables you to:
- Move, migrate or clone a WordPress site between domains or hosts with zero downtime
- Pull down a live site to localhost for development
- Transfer a WordPress site from one host to another
- Manually backup a WordPress site or parts of a site
- Duplicate a live site to a staging area or vice versa
- Bundle up an entire WordPress site for easy reuse or distribution
- Perform a full WordPress migration without struggling with messy import/export sql scripts
Migrate WordPress and Run WordPress Backups
Duplicator creates a package that bundles all the site’s plugins, themes, content, database and WordPress files into a simple zip file called a package. This package can then be used to easily migrate a WordPress site to any location you wish. Move on the same server, across servers and pretty much any location a WordPress site can be hosted. WordPress is not required for installation since the package contains all site files.
Improve Your Workflow with Pre-Bundled Sites
Duplicator lets you make your own preconfigured sites to eliminate rework. Instead of manually configuring your favorite theme, set of plugins or content over and over, now just configure a single site and bundle it up into a Duplicator package. Once you have the bundled site, you can migrate the WordPress site over and over to different locations to instantly create many preconfigured sites!
Duplicator Pro takes Duplicator to the next level with features you’ll really appreciate, such as:
- Drag and Drop installs – just drag an archive to the destination site!
- Scheduled backups
- Cloud Storage to Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Amazon S3 and FTP/SFTP
- A special 2-step streamlined installer mode for mega-fast installs
- Recovery Points added for very fast emergency site restores
- Support for Managed hosts such as WordPress.com, WPEngine, GoDaddy Managed, and more
- Multi-threaded to support larger web sites & databases
- Migrate an entire multisite WordPress network in one shot
- Install a multisite subsite as a new standalone website
- Database and user creation in the installer with cPanel API
- Connect to cPanel directly from installer
- Email notifications
- Professional support
- … and much more!
Check out Duplicator Pro today!
The underlying logic to backup WordPress, move WordPress and transfer WordPress are complex and it’s impossible to know how each system is setup; this is why your feedback is important to us. Thanks for helping us to make WordPress the best blogging platform in the world.
This plugin does require some technical knowledge. If you plan to migrate WordPress or backup WordPress please use it at your own risk and don’t forget to back up your files and databases beforehand. If you need to move or backup WordPress and would like additional help please visit the Duplicator resources section .
- Prashant Baldha (Development)
- Andrea Leoni (Development)
- Paal Joachim Romdahl (Training)
- Hans-M. Herbrand (German)
- Nicolas Richer (French)
Main Interface for all Packages
Create Package Step 1
Create Package Step 2
Tags: migrate duplicate move backup migration
Charts and Tracking Description >>
The SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle gives you a collection of widgets that you can use and customize. All the widgets are built on our powerful framework, giving you advanced forms, unlimited colours and 1500+ icons.
Widgets are great. No matter where you’re using them. In a Page Builder page or on your widgetized areas. It’s even compatible with other popular page building plugins.
The collection is growing, but here’s what we have so far.
- Google Maps Widget that’s going places.
- Button Widget that you’ll love to click.
- Image Widget that’ll let you add images everywhere.
- Call To Action Widget that’ll get your users performing the actions you want.
- Slider Widget that slides images and HTML5 videos.
- Price Table Widget that’ll help you sell more.
- Post Carousel Widget that displays your posts as a carousel.
- Features Widget that lets you display a set of site or service features.
- Video Widget to get your videos out there.
- Headline Widget to get you noticed.
- Social Media Buttons which link to all your social media profiles.
- Accordion Widget to compress your content.
- Contact Form Widget to let people know you care.
- Editor Widget let’s you richly edit text anywhere.
- Hero Widget that’ll save your site design.
- Icon Widget for when only icons will do.
- Image Grid Widget that’ll let you add images everywhere… in a grid.
- Layout Slider Widget lets you build layouts on slides using SiteOrigin Page Builder.
- Masonry Widget to add images in a masonry layout.
- Tabs Widget that’ll let you group content into tabbed sections.
- Taxonomy Widget to display the selected taxonomy for the current post.
- Testimonials Widget to show people what your users/customers think of you.
Once you enable a widget, you’ll be able to use it anywhere standard widgets are used. You can manage your widgets by going to Plugins > SiteOrigin Widgets in your WordPress admin.
Documentation is available on SiteOrigin.
We offer free support on the SiteOrigin support forums.
Create Custom Widgets
The SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle is the perfect platform to build widgets for your theme or plugin. Read more on our developer docs.
1.17.11 – 09 December 2020
- Google Maps: Added Map Style button styling.
- Accordion: Submitted contact forms added to Accordion will now open the panel on load.
- Tabs: Prevented the Scroll To setting from affecting the currently selected tab.
- Image Grid: Use image title as item label if set.
- Developer: jQuery updates for WordPress 5.6.
- Developer: Set Slider background image loading to Eager.
- Developer: Exposed Google Maps instances. Once set up, maps can be accessed via
- Developer: Add a Google Maps
maps_loadedevent that triggers after all of the Google Maps have finished being set up.
1.17.10 – 13 November 2020
- TinyMCE: Resolved issue with the Add Media button.
1.17.9 – 12 November 2020
- Block Editor: Resolved widget preview issue.
- Elementor: Minor admin styling improvements.
- Google Maps: Added a new global consent setting
Require consent before loading Maps APIat
Plugins > SiteOrigin Widgets > Google Maps.
- Posts Carousel: Added a
- Video Player: Mute self hosted videos set to autoplay.
- Tabs: Added a new global setting
Plugins > SiteOrigin Widgets > Tabsto disable scrolling when changing tabs.
- Accordion: Added a new global setting
Plugins > SiteOrigin Widgets > Accordionto disable scrolling when changing accordions.
- Posts Carousel: Added a new
Slides to scrollsetting for desktop, tablet, and mobile.
- Safari: Ensured the Hero can save when used at
Appearance > Widgets.
- Updated the widget title field to allow HTML in all SiteOrigin widgets.
- Changed to
enqueueGoogle Fonts rather than
1.17.8 – 28 September 2020
- Image: Prevent image stretching while using Safari
1.17.7 – 10 September 2020
- Hero and Layout Sliders: Disable image preload for images added to frames.
- Resolved a preview issue with widgets that attempt to render sub widgets but don’t output them.
- Contact Form: Added a field max-width setting.
- Resolved a jQuery Migrate notice on the global widget settings page at
Plugins > SiteOrigin Widgets.
- Media field: Enhancements to improve usability.
- Disabled Settings buttons while saving global widget settings at
Plugins > SiteOrigin Widgets.
- State Emitters: Added an animation to conditional settings.
- Posts Carousel: Prevented blank slides loading after all posts are loaded.
- Posts Carousel: Added a new Design settings section and settings.
- Posts Carousel: Ensured the correct navigation buttons are hidden when multiple carousels are in use.
- IE 11: Prevented images from exceeding the widget container.
- Removed wpColorPickerL10n if WP >= 5.5.
1.17.6 – 17 August 2020
- Hero and Layout Sliders: Disabled lazy loading for images added to the slide content area.
- Slider: Disabled lazy loading in the Block Editor.
1.17.5 – 12 August 2020
- Slider: Disable WordPress 5.5 Lazy Loading.
1.17.4 – 06 August 2020
- Post Carousel: Improved support for multiple carousel widgets on the same page.
- Post Carousel: Improved mobile support.
- Sliders: Added
Autoplay Pause on Hoversettings to the Slider, Layout Slider and Hero widgets.
- Features: Allowed shortcodes to be used in the Text field.
- Contact Form: Fix to ensure the correct fields are passed to Akismet.
1.17.3 – 23 July 2020
- Reverted: Features: Prevented icon overlapping text in edge cases.
- Social Media Buttons: Added TikTok.
- Button: Removed
- Button: Set hover background color defaults.
- Carousel: Improved multi-carousel support.
- Carousel: Triggered click on swipe for mobile devices.
- Carousel: Contextualized variables as needed.
- Carousel: Find the
ItemWidthas needed rather than predefining it.
1.17.2 – 21 July 2020
- Resolved button Less CSS bug.
1.17.1 – 20 July 2020
- Post Carousel: Prevented all posts from outputting.
10will be output at a time if
Posts per pageisn’t set.
- Post Carousel: Inlined navigation buttons if a title is set.
- Updated the Google Fonts array.
- Editor: Added
- Updated Packery to latest version.
- Simple Masonry: Added a
- Testimonials: Set testimonial text width to
- Updated Font Awesome to latest version.
- Image: Added
siteorigin_widgets_image_argsfilter allowing adjust all of the widget arguments and attributes.
- Simple Masonry: Added external image support.
- Code Form Field: Removed HTML sanitization.
- Tabs: Added smooth scroll to tab when linked to.
font-display: blockto all font icons.
- Widget Block: Added
Additional CSS Classesoutput.
- Button: Added Button hover style settings.
- Features: Prevented icon overlapping text in edge cases.
- Post Carousel: Vertically align navigation icons and title when title present.
- Editor: Added
noreferrerto any target links preventing Layout block failing validation when
- Hero: Prevented buttons from loading when buttons shortcode isn’t added.
- Post Carousel: Added a
- Post Carousel: Disable button navigation if number of visible posts is more than total posts.
- Mobile: Improved admin form field responsive behavior.
- Updated Font Awesome from
1.17.0 – 22 May 2020
- Simple Masonry: Added a preloader and related settings.
- Post Carousel: Migrated to Slick Carousel.
- Post Carousel: Added RTL support.
- Icon: Added Title field.
- Minor admin interface styling fixes.
- Price Table: Added title for the feature hover text.
- Testimonials: Added
Equalize testimonial heightsetting.
- Testimonials: Fixed user image alignment.
- Switched to Wikimedia’s fork of less.php.
- Added error suppression for external Less library.
1.16.1 – 20 April 2020
- Accordion: When hiding panels, only search the current accordion and not nested accordions.
- Slider Widgets: Removed slide navigation numbers from excerpt output.
- Added support for custom icon styles.
- Tabs: Fixed top/bottom tab alignment when tab position is set to right/left.
- Post Carousel: Prevent themes from adjusting the thumbnail top margin.
- Improved the reliability of widget description translations. Updated various widget descriptions.
- Editor: Resolved the notice appearing when post meta wasn’t available.
- Simple Masonry: Item labels – If the item title field isn’t populated use the image title field.
- Hero: Added a setting to vertically align the slide contents.
- Updated jQuery TouchSwipe.
- Sliders: Fixed pagination spacing when HTML optimization is in use.
- Layout Slider: Set frame labels based on the content inserted.
- Slider: Set frame labels based on the content inserted.
- Contact Form: Added placeholder support to the dropdown select field. Used if the field label position is set to Inside.
- Contact Form: Added Required support for the dropdown select field.
- FontAwesome: Moved Brands to the last position in dropdown list.
- Layout Slider: Added a setting to vertically align the slide contents.
1.16.0 – 11 February 2020
- Block Editor: Fixed widget select field width and alignment.
- Removed unused template files.
- Contact Form: Improved checking for SiteOrigin development email addresses.
- Minor styling improvements to the Classic and Block Editor admin interfaces.
- Features: Added a new setting to select the H tag to be used for the title field.
- Hero: If a height value is assigned, added prefilling to avoid a page jump.
- Hero: Added
font-display: swapfor Google font imports.
- Layout Slider: If a height value is assigned, added prefilling to avoid a page jump.
- Image Grid: Added a class of
sow-image-grid-image_htmlto each image. Can be used to exclude images from Lazy Loading plugins.
- Simple Masonry: Added a class of
sow-masonry-grid-imageto each image. Can be used to exclude images from Lazy Loading plugins.
- Features: Added fallback support for the Icon image field.
- Testimonials: Add fallback support for the Image field.
- Post Carousel: Prevented looping until all posts are loaded.
- Post Carousel: Added a new setting to disable looping.
- Post Carousel: Prevented scrolling past loading items and loop as soon as last item is completely visible.
- Contact Form: Added disabled cursor to submit button when disabled.
- Block Editor: Resolved Features widget default settings.
- Tabs and Accordion: Account for accented characters.
- Social Media Buttons: Allowed for multiple instances of the same network without duplicating colors.
- Social Media Buttons: Ensured all icons are correctly centered.
- Contact Form: Added lightweight validation for phone numbers.
- Block Editor: Display author for third party widgets.
- Block Editor: Added processing for the more quicktag in the Editor widget.
- Tabs and Accordion: Added icon spacing.
- Testimonials: Improved image sizing behavior for square images.
1.15.9 – 11 November 2019
- Contact Form: Improved default email address handling.
- Contact Form: Improved subject field labeling.
- Post Carousel: Loop the carousel when reaching the end.
- Social Media Buttons: Fixed issue with responsive breakpoint unit of measurement.
- Google Maps: Ensured settings modal window opens when directed to insert API key.
- Google Maps: Fixed map center field when used in the Customizer.
- Fixed compatibility with WordPress 5.3.
- Minor code style and widget label improvements.
1.15.8 – 20 August 2019
- Run FitText setup on window resize events.
- TinyMCE field: Copy any missing content CSS urls from main editor.
- Post Carousel: Prevent scrolling past the last item.
- Contact Form: Prevent sending to testing/dev emails.
- Widget block: Add
h3wrapper for widget titles.
- Image widget: Remove
width:inherit;IE8 fix for bound setting which breaks in IE11.
- Sliders: Added padding to slider navigation arrows.
- Accordion: Check if if anchor is present in URL and scroll to Accordion item.
- Various form description and styling fixes.
1.15.7 – 22 May 2019
- Widget Block: Ensure changed data is retained after previewing.
- Image widget: Prevent overflow of image container when wrapped in link.
- Image Grid: Dispatch event to notify listeners that layout is complete.
- Image Grid: Fix layout for images wrapped in links.
- Image grid: Use image media title for display if title isn’t set in the widget form.
- Layout Slider: Remove header and text style fields.
- Remove Autoptimize cache clearing as it detects changes automatically.
- Update FontAwesome icons.
- Google Maps location field: Ensure value is retained after preview in the block editor.
- Prevent issue in SiteOrigin Layout Block when
sowbhasn’t been defined.
1.15.6 – 29 April 2019
- Image: Fix images vertical stretching.
- Image: Fix widths for images wrapped in links.
- Google Maps Location Field: Remove some unnecessary use of jQuery to avoid
$ is not a functionerrors.
- Google Maps Location Field: Check if matchError exists before accessing.
1.15.5 – 25 April 2019
- Removed admin notice for new widgets.
- Slider Base Widget: Removed unused background videos height setting.
- Price Table: Recalc equalized heights when window size or orientation changes.
- Google Maps location field: Use value in sanitization if already an array.
- Add compatibility for Autoptimize.
- Simple Masonry: Ensure all available width is used for layout.
- Image: Change alignment to use
1.15.4 – 27 March 2019
- Slider field: Live updates for display value.
- Widget block: Show error if missing or invalid widget data.
- Google Maps: Add more links to relevant docs for enabling required APIs.
- Google Maps Location field: Catch API key errors and display notice.
- Run FitText resizer on
- Add font url as property of font info object.
- Image grid: Use opacity for initial hide of images so that size may still be detected.
- Google Maps: Detect draggable or scroll_zoom before running setting migration.
- Accordion and Tabs: Trigger window resize on start of animation.
- Icon: Prevent undefined index notices.
1.15.3 – 6 March 2019
- Image grid: Fallback support, alt text, use measurement fields.
- Features: Fix responsive layout.
- Google Maps: Update to use gesture handling and separate zoom level for mobile.
- Google Maps: Default height when height field is empty.
- Sliders: Option to always show navigation on mobile devices.
- Accordion: Keyboard navigation.
- Beaver Builder: Fix icons and widgets not saving.
- Video: Allow using YouTube embed URLs.
- Post Carousel: Accessibility improvements.
- Escape namespaced widgets in previews.
- Flag additional metaboxes as incompatible with the block editor.
- Fix state emitters for sub-widget fields.
- Google Maps: Remove API key field from widget form, in favor of global API key field.
- Google Maps: Display notice when API key missing.
- Contact form: Prevent double nonce.
- TinyMCE field: Prevent twemoji from replacing emoji in the textarea.
- Widget block: Show appropriate message when widget is missing or deactivated.
- Accordion: Fix open/close icon layout when set to left position.
- Social Media Buttons: Prevent the phone network from opening in a new window.
- Google Maps: Add map styles filter.
- Image radio field: New field created.
- Posts field: Option to specify allowed post types.
- Contact form: Add description to reCAPTCHA field specifying reCAPTCHA v2.
1.15.2 – 18 February 2019
- Tabs: Set default tab position to top.
1.15.1 – 15 February 2019
- Google maps: Use correct locations for static maps.
1.15.0 – 14 February 2019
- Location field: New specialized admin form field which autocompletes addresses using the Google Maps places library.
- Google maps: Moved global API key override to
modify_instanceto make key available in admin form too.
- Google maps: Auto-migration of locations to new location field format.
- Update LESS PHP library with fixes for PHP 7.3 compatibility.
- Features: Apply text styles to all features content, not just
- Social Media: New networks: Bandcamp, Goodreads, Telegram, Strava, Blogger.
- Accordion: Fix issue preventing use of numbers in panel titles.
- Block editor: Preview fixes.
- Beaver Builder compat: Fix widgets failing to update and CSS for FontAwesome icons.
1.14.1 – 9 January 2019
- Icon field: Set correct value of currently selected icon for non-FA icons.
- Icon field: Avoid requiring that third party icon families include a
- Widget block: Use JS array reduce function instead of lodash.
- Allow widgets registered by instance.
- Multi-measurement field: Fix layout.
- Block editor: Send widgetData when fetching widget forms.
- Tinymce field: Prevent JS console errors for hidden fields.
- Order field: Additional sanitization before rendering.
1.14.0 – 4 January 2019
- Accordion: allow multiple panels with the same title.
- Actions when widgets’ CSS files are created/deleted.
- Compat fixes for PHP 7.3
- Indicate when ‘setup_widgets’ is triggered for previews.
- Accordion: Debounce window.location.hash updates to prevent incorrect states.
- Don’t remove FitText window listener to ensure previously set up FitText elements still work.
- Icon field: Show loading indicator while icons are loading.
- Widget documentation links.
- Icons: Update to use latest FontAwesome icon sets.
- Sliders: Resize slides when widgets are set up.
- Elementor compat: Directly enqueue necessary scripts and styles for previews.
- Allow widget headers to be translated.
- Accordion: Keep the clicked panel in the viewport, if it moves out.
- TinyMCE field: Check if tinymce is available before using.
1.13.4 – 6 December 2018
- Widget block: Fix Layout Slider not being editable.
- Widget block: Correct used of i18n for block editor.
- Widget block: Fix previews.
- Google map: Move global API key override to
modify_instanceto ensure key is available in form.
- Widget block: Prevent multiple API requests.
1.13.3 – 15 November 2018
- Contact: Fix checkboxes and radio alignment on android.
- FitText: Set minimum font size to ensure readability.
- TinyMCE field: Use correct editor when block editor is present.
- Google maps: Use correct info window text for markers.
- TinyMCE: Remove ‘editor-buttons’ style enqueue causing conflicts.
- TinyMCE field: Prevent adding multiple copies of media buttons.
- Image widget: if no alt text is supplied add an empty alt attribute.
- Repeaters: Reverted some commits causing multiple issues.
- WP 5: Fixed some styles in the block editor.
- Only setup form fields in the dialog when a PB edit widget dialog is opened.
- Multi-measurement field: Fix autoFill in block editor and attempt to fix in PHP <= 5.3.
1.13.2 – 31 October 2018
- Builder field: Prevent error in PHP <= 5.4
- Avoid replacing repeater item id placeholders for child repeaters.
- Repeaters: In repeater setup, don’t setup child repeaters.
1.13.1 – 29 October 2018
- Gutenberg: Alert user that changes will be lost when changing the widget type.
- Tabs: Keyboard navigation and more accessibility improvements.
- Google maps: Better geocoding request management.
- TinyMCE field: Use correct selector for checking whether click target is editor switching tab.
- Slider: Option to prevent hiding video on mobile.
- Accordion: Deep-linking for child accordions.
- Use inline CSS fallback if writing to file failed.
- Better FitText compressor description.
- Delete old widget styles when updating widgets.
- Layout Slider: Resoonsive height.
- Accordion: Expand when user is printing.
- Features: Text case adjustments and formatting.
- Beaver Builder: Dark styling.
- Builder field: Allow double-encoding to allow already encoded text in editors.
- Contact form: Prevent adding the anchor again if it’s already been added.
- Contact form: Attempt to scroll to contact form after submitting, so result is visible.
- Builder field: Set data correctly from JS.
- Builder field: Don’t encode already JSON encoded values.
- Gutenberg: Allow editing page containing deactivated widget.
- Gutenberg: Reset global
$postafter enqueueing widgets’ scripts and styles, which might run secondary queries.
1.13.0 – 13 September 2018
- SiteOrigin Widgets Gutenberg block!
- Google Map: Prevent script from running further if no map canvas elements found.
- Removed style to set
pmargins to zero.
- Check that fallback image for static maps is not an empty string before attempting to use it.
- TinyMCE: Ensure target is one of the editor tabs when switching modes.
- Set values for repeaters which are direct children of section fields.
- Prevent unselected radio input state emitters from affecting form states, when form values are set programmatically.
- Plugin Action Links: Check if edit link is present before removal.
- Social Media Buttons: Added Phone and Angelist. Changed email title text.
- Metabox manager: Set empty post meta string value to array. Ensure metabox widget form values are saved when saving drafts too.
1.12.1 – 17 July 2018
- Contact: Allow non-string values in required field validation.
- Initialize CTA, Price Table and Video JS widgets correctly when in accordion/tabs widgets.
1.12.0 – 11 July 2018
- Contact: Add dedicated textarea height.
- Social Media Buttons: Adds WhatsApp social network.
- Features: Allow icon size to use a different unit of measurement.
- Repeater field: Update editor id in media buttons when duplicating item with TinyMCE editor.
- Posts field: taxonomy description.
- Price Table: Disable equalized row heights on mobile.
- Beaver Builder: Force icon fonts.
- Slider widgets: Added autoplay option for background videos.
- Maps: Renamed Google maps script to more sensible
- Editor: Prevent errors when visual editing is disabled for a user.
- Optimized images.
- Accordion/tabs: Trigger ‘setup_widgets’ to ensure any widgets in panels are initialized correctly.
- Contact: Use ‘From’ email address if there is no email field in the form.
- Hero: Filter out the align field in the button sub-widget form.
- Testimonials: Switch mobile and tablet resolution width field descriptions.
- Posts field: Allow clearing dates.
- Font field: Use correct value for ‘Helvetica Neue’ and added ‘Arial’ option.
- TA: Additional setting to allow clearing the default background colors.
- Contact: Allow a value of ‘0’ for required fields and subject values.
1.11.8 – 12 April 2018
- Added action just before rendering widget previews.
- Editor: Removed
- Editor: Ensure TinyMCE field knows whether to apply
- Editor: Only apply
autopon display when using HTML editor.
- Editor: Prevent
widget_textfilters from running
1.11.7 – 23 March 2018
- Image: Add title alignment setting.
- Button: Add max-width to ensure buttons are responsive.
- Hero: New filter for frame content ‘siteorigin_hero_frame_content’
- Features: Don’t set margin for one column left/right feature.
- Updated widget icons.
- Updated google web fonts.
1.11.6 – 14 March 2018
- Hero: Add responsive height settings.
- Added pikaday jQuery plugin and register pikaday scripts for front end too.
- Features: item float clearing and padding mobile specific.
1.11.5 – 13 March 2018
- Features: Better feature padding removal on row ends.
- Sliders: WCAG 2.4.4 compliance.
- Tabs: Hide widget title when no title is set.
- TinyMCE field: Added setting for
wpautopprocessing which is on by default.
- Contact: When Gradient disabled, set basic background.
- Beaver Builder compat: Only set SOWB widget form values when editing a SOWB widget.
- Contact: Option to log submitter’s IP address.
- Add random number and set
more_entropyto increase chance of unique form ids.
- Contact: Added ‘tel’ field type which should show numeric keyboard on mobile.
- Media field: Trigger change event when removing selected image.
- Renamed the PHP LESS parser to
SiteOrigin_LessCto avoid conflicts.
- Date range field: Prevent initializing date range fields multiple times and ensure date format consistent.
- Register pikaday as common script and enqueue as needed in fields.
- Google Map: Show satellite map type.
- Translation: Add context to From strings.
- Add missing semicolons to Ionicons codes.
1.11.4 – 7 February 2018
- Slider: Add playsinline for Video backgrounds for iOS.
- Repeater field: Trigger change events for repeater when adding, removing or duplicating items.
- TinyMCE field: Removed special handling for TinyMCE fields when retrieving data. Just use field value directly.
- Fixed build overwriting some CSS files.
1.11.3 – 10 January 2018
- Hero: Add margin-top to so-widget-sow-button for spacing.
- Accordion: Added overflow to prevent Image overlap.
- Google Maps: Always register Google Maps script.
- Social Buttons: Mobile Alignment global widget settings
- Contact Form: Ability to control the width of the submit button.
- Contact Form: Add alignment options for submit button.
- Contact Form: Setting submit button gradient intensity to 0 removes gradient.
- Contact Form: Add success and error hooks.
- Accordion: Don’t output widget title if not set.
- Accordion: Icon title collapse fix.
- Contact Form: Add placeholder for field type input.
- Button: Icon placement setting.
- Hero: Adjustable Paragraph text shadow.
- Hero: Add font family setting for paragraphs.
- Hero: Add link color picker.
- Slider field: allow float values and allow specifying step size.
- Contact Form: Add ability to set onclick and id for submit button.
- Features: Add ability to control responsive breakpoint.
- Global Settings: Add support for global settings added by themes.
- Beaver Builder Compat: Don’t enqueue assets when all widgets are deactivated.
- Hero: Text font empty check.
- Contact Form: Preserve existing location hash when contact form is submitted.
- Post Selector: Only include current post id in exclusion if singular.
- Copy correct radio values when duplicating repeater items.
- Checkbox field: Parse string value ‘false’ in checkbox field sanitization.
1.11.2 – 27 November 2017
- Fix compatibility with Beaver Builder Lite.
- Tabs: Recalculate height on resize.
1.11.1 – 24 November 2017
- Hero: Allow for shortcodes to work.
- Fix posts field not displaying selected values when multiple selected.
- Widgets Page: Fix missing icon issue on windows.
- Trigger ‘hide’ and ‘show’ events in Accordion and Tabs widgets when toggling content.
- Fix Google Maps widget not displaying when map is initially hidden.
- Fix Beaver Builder compatibility.
- Builder field: Pass builder type when setting up builder fields.
- Tabs: Use correct variable for tab anchor.
- Repeater field: Prevent radio inputs values being cleared in repeaters when sorting.
- Accordion: Added title field.
- Fix PHP version compatibility checker errors.
1.11.0 – 7 November 2017
- New Tabs widget!
- Contact: mention it’s possible to send to multiple emails.
- Features: Fixes margin causing extended page.
- Presets field.
- Accordion: Add Repeater Label Title.
- Hero: ability to select an image size.
- TinyMCE field: Remember last selected editor.
- Add rel=”noopener noreferrer” for all 3rd party/unknown links.
- Social Media Buttons Widget: comply WCAG 2.4.4
1.10.2 – 20 October 2017
- Fix for links sometimes not working in slider widgets.
- Fix multi-measurement field labels.
1.10.1 – 13 October 2017
- Fix subwidget fields initializion when not contained in a section.
- TinyMCE field: fix initialization in repeaters.
1.10.0 – 11 October 2017
- New Accordion widget!
- Prevent multiple initialization of media field.
- Use correct path for widget banner when defined in a theme.
- Video: Added option to show/hide related YouTube videos at end of video.
- Slider: Handle links inside slider frames first and then allow processing of frame background clicks.
- Give repeated fields in widget fields unique ids for state handling.
- New multi-measurement field.
- Widget Manager Path Comparison fix. (allows for settings to work)
- Button: Use
1.9.10 – 14 September 2017
- TinyMCE field: fixed issue with filter for TinyMCE plugins.
- Added teaser messages for SiteOrigin Premium addons.
1.9.9 – 31 August 2017
- Avoid using relative paths in asset URLs.
- Fixed compat with latest Elementor update.
1.9.8 – 21 August 2017
- Use WordPress functions to exit AJAX actions.
- TinyMCE field: Initialized once.
- TinyMCE field: Simplified switching between TinyMCE and QuickTags.
- TinyMCE field: Check if individual TinyMCE settings are encoded as JSON and decode before re-encoding all settings.
- Some compat fixes for Elementor.
- TinyMCE field: Temporarily disable Jetpack Grunion editor.
- Use correct JS dependencies for Beaver Builder compatibility when
- Removed unnecessary enqueues in Beaver Builder compat for dashicons and wp media scripts.
- Post carousel: Only handle horizontal swipes.
1.9.7 – 11 August 2017
- Contact: Added user configurable field for ‘From:’ address.
- TinyMCE field: Use editor stylesheets for new TinyMCE editor.
- TinyMCE field: Use UTF-8 encoding for text output.
- Sliders: Check whether
$framesis empty before using.
- Google Maps: Prevent automatic center for routes.
1.9.6 – 4 August 2017
- Slider: Background Video: Try embedding the video if oEmbed fails.
- Contact: Added some nonce checks.
- Contact: add reply-to header.
- Remove elementor panel width override.
- Editor: Fix TinyMCE editor button filters in WP >= 4.8.
- Editor: Preserve encoded HTML entities in TinyMCE field.
- TinyMCE field: Added missing
1.9.5 – 25 July 2017
- Fixed icon field selection.
- TinyMCE field is initialized when quicktags is selected.
- Autocomplete field only initialized once.
- Posts field sanitization handles multiple post types.
1.9.4 – 24 July 2017
- Using new Editor JS API for TinyMCE field.
- Carousel: apply static position on
- Layout Slider: Add ability to set Background image to Title and spaced the code.
- Add capabilities check to widget activation action.
- Testimonial: Corrected typo in description and corrected formatting.
- Enabling translation for “From:” in contact mail.
1.9.3 – 3 July 2017
- Editor: Fix settings form label.
- Don’t select the external fallback field as value input.
- Social media buttons: Don’t output calls when missing network name.
- Use gettext for widget global settings dialog title.
- Image: Added link attributes to template variables.
- Image grid: Use
- Image grid: Template code structure a bit more readable.
- Simple masonry: Assign link attributes in
- Slider widget: Output link attributes.
- Features: Remove redundant paragraph from template.
- Google Maps: Fix issue when no matches found in maps API error string.
- Google Maps: Mention required Google Maps APIs in field descriptions.
- Google Maps: Localized strings used in JS.
- Elementor 1.5: Ensure widgets’ setup scripts are run after editing.
1.9.2 – 8 June 2017
- Post Carousel: default image for posts without featured images.
- Social Media Buttons: allow empty colors.
- Editor: prevent text processing for cache and post content rendering.
- Post selector field: Fix additional args encoding.
- Post selector field: Fix taxonomy search.
1.9.1 – 1 June 2017
- Fixed Maps widget JS error.
1.9 – 30 May 2017
- Compatibility with Visual Composer.
- Taxonomy widget text display.
- Price table widget: option to make feature row heights equal.
- New posts selector field based on other existing fields.
- New autocomplete field. Currently supports showing results from posts and taxonomies.
- New date-range field with option to select specific or relative dates.
- Editor widget: Global widget setting for default ‘autop’ state.
- Some layout fixes for widget forms in Elementor.
- Google Maps: fallback image when maps API not available or returns error.
- Contact form: Reduced intensity of disabled button styling.
- Google Maps: Fix markers not displaying when queries are rate limited.
- Features: Option to use specified icon size for custom icon images.
- Updated FontAwesome icon set to 4.7.0
- Updated IcoMoon icon set.
- Contact form: Allow duplicate forms on same page.
- Widget temp backup in browser storage.
- Google Maps: Custom marker icon for each marker.
- Option to specify default number of visible rows in icon field.
- Changed PHP LESS compiler to a better maintained version.
1.8.6 – 10 May 2017
- Editor widget supports Jetpack Markdown.
- Editor widget global setting for enabling/disabling ‘autop’ by default.
- Allow setting FitText compressor strength in hero and headline widgets.
- Fix variable name in
- Fix FitText not working previews.
1.8.5 – 27 April 2017
- Fixed button hover class.
1.8.4 – 27 April 2017
- Fixed button URLs.
- Removed image
sizesattribute when Jetpack Photon is enabled.
- Fixed missing widget handling for misnamed widgets.
1.8.3 – 26 April 2017
- Contact Form: Improved type Validation and added empty name check
- Contact Form: Add Field Design Settings
- Testimonial: Add responsive image sizes settings
- Added checks to prevent PHP warnings
- Improved handling of empty order fields.
- Small code refactoring in price table widget.
- Ensure all SiteOrigin widgets are grouped together in Page Builder.
- Slider: Remove slider sentinel contents to avoid things like duplicated video iframe for embedded videos
- Fix TinyMCE z-index.
- Headline: Fixed typo that tied subheadline new window to headline
- Ensure fittext is done before setting up hero slider.
- Ensure google font fields work in live editors/previews.
- Features: Allow specifying position of features widgets icons.
- Added * next to labels of required fields.
- Make required field indicator optional and display legend when enabled.
- Set default color option in wpColorPicker.
- Small refactor to make more use of
- Button: Added field for
- Maps: Added setting for global Google API key.
- Small fix to allow checkboxes to act as ‘conditional’ state emitters.
- Features: Change text form field to a tinymce field
- Properly work with new Page Builder caching system
- Ensure footer templates only printed when editing with Elementor.
- Small IE8 fix
- Contact: Prevent form fields from having 0px height if no height specified.
- Fixed Google Maps info windows.
- Image: Don’t output empty attributes.
- Don’t attempt to load maps API if already loaded.
1.8.2 – 1 April 2017
- Compatibility with upcoming Page Builder 2.5 release.
- Fixed compatibility with Elementor 1.4+.
- Fixed incompatibility with Jetpack.
1.8.1 – 3 February 2017
- Fixed empty array warning.
- Contact Form: Prevent empty title markup from being echoed.
- Contact Form: Display email after name
- Slider: Account for 0 speed.
- Features: Fix sizing issue when using images instead of icons.
- Use default unit if missing for measurement fields.
- Price Table: Shortcode support for feature text.
- Testimonial: Updated text radius label and fixed resulting functionality.
- Revert change made to post search for link field.
- Link Field: Make sure we have a valid post_types value.
1.8 – 31 January 2017
- Introduced compatibility system.
- Added compatibility with Elementor and Beaver Builder.
- Ensure radio inputs in repeaters have their checked property set correctly.
- Various Call to Action widget improvements.
text-align: center;for features icons.
- Always use HTTPS for Google Webfonts.
- Post Selector: Exclude current post id
- Post Selector: Add filter returned query
- Post Carousel: Prevent empty title output.
- Google Maps: Add ability to set link for Static Map.
- Social Links: Add title field and title attributes for links.
- Features: Add title text field for features
- Button Widget: Add Font setting
- Contact: Add radio field Type
- Taxonomy: New Window Setting
- Added a way of specifying post types for link field.
- Introduced a global widget setup action.
1.7.2 – 09 November 2016
- Made fixes to pass PHP 7 compatibility checks.
- Image Widget: Get alt and title text from chosen image.
- Replaced markup parser with more actively maintained one.
- Simple Masonry: ensure resize on load
- Image Grid: Allow 0 as valid spacing value.
- Editor Widget: Call
WP_Embed::run_shortcodeon Editor widget content
- Maps: Added missing
typeofcausing maps api not to load properly.
- Icon: Fixed URL output.
- Fixed double slash in URLs.
- Features: Use Measurement fields.
- Apply modify_form to form arrays created in the constructor.
- Contact Form: add email default email subject if no subject defined.
1.7.1 – 21 September 2016
- Fixed case of Maps widget in sidebar causing an error on pages without that sidebar.
- Fixed icon field CSS.
1.7 – 20 September 2016
- Added mechanism for creating global widget setting.
- Added mechanism for adding dismissible notices to widget forms.
- Unified Google Maps JS working for maps widget and contact form location field.
- Added icon search for icon field.
- Added remove button to icon field.
- Contact Form: Fixed clash with Firefox field validation.
- Properly display remove button after importing Pixabay image.
1.6.5 – 15 August 2016
- Fixed dialog z-index.
- Added field required argument.
- Properly trigger change for image search import.
- Sanitize arg can now be a callback.
- Improved multi checkbox field
- Maps: Just call initialization function if maps API already loaded.
1.6.4 – 21 July 2016
- More settings and customizability for Headline widget.
- Added FitText to Headline and Hero Image widgets.
- Fixed Pixabay image importing.
1.6.3 – 19 July 2016
- Added image search functionality to media field.
- Moved actions into their own file.
- Allow widgets to provide their own LESS/HTML.
- Added very simple code field.
- Multiple widgets can have the same class. Allowing widget functionality to come from configuration.
- Various tweaks for upcoming Widgets Builder plugin.
1.6.2 – 11 July 2016
- Fixed Firefox issue in post selector builder.
- Properly escape all uses off add_query_arg.
- Added filter after video
1.6.1 – 24 June 2016
- Social Links: Fixed auto-filling of network colors.
- Social Links: Added 500px network.
- Social Links: Added title tag to link tags.
- Maps: Prevent JS error in when maps widget script is enqueued but widget isn’t displayed.
- Maps: Made API field more prominent as it’s now required by the Google Maps API.
- Added more general error checking.
1.6 – 21 June 2016
- Added builder field.
- Added new multi checkboxes field.
- Added Layout Slider widget.
- Added taxonomy widget.
- Added slider wrapper attributes and filter.
- Fix for measurement field inside a repeater.
- Modified base folder to work independently of Widgets Bundle.
- Added custom icon families callback argument to icon field.
- Properly handle attachments in post selector
- Contact Form: Refactored form fields.
- Hero Image: Added image type to Hero Image widget.
- Button: Handle empty width.
- Image: Added filter for SiteOrigin image attributes.
- Image: Add dimensions to sizes dropdown.
- Maps: Ensure maps widget works with API key.
- Hero Image: Added setting to disable swipe on mobile Hero Image Widget.
- Fixed title syntax in Image widget.
- Video: Correctly get video file mime-types.
- Video Widget: Allow specifying multiple self-hosted video sources to support various formats.
1.5.11 – April 11 2016
- Fixed features widget container shape setting.
1.5.10 – April 5 2016
- Added Icon widget.
- Moved widget form arrays into separate functions to improve performance.
- Cache widget style CSS if it can’t be saved to filesystem.
- Improved preview checking so preview style CSS isn’t stored.
- Contact Form: Improved instance hashing for compatibility with Yoast SEO.
- Contact Form: Added description field and customisation.
- Slider: Ensure correct styles are applied to slider images when a link is defined.
- Features: Allow user to select size for uploaded icon image.
- Price Table: Ensure feature icons always vertically centered, alongside feature text.
1.5.9 – February 26 2016
- Contact Form: Fixed hash checking for duplicate emails.
- Contact Form: Replace default emails with admin_email.
1.5.8 – February 26 2016
- Skip empty sidebars when loading widget scripts.
- Changes to cache clearing.
- Typo corrections.
- Fixed conflict with Child Theme Configurator.
- Image Grid widget: Using correct field and image size names to determine image sizes.
- Editor widget: Added shortcode unautop to Editor widget.
- Contact Form widget: Added check to prevent email resends in contact form widget.
- Masonry widget: properly handles full width rows in Page Builder.
- Hero Image widget: Fix backgrounds URL.
- Price Table widget: Skip empty buttons.
- Maps Widget: Allow clicking markers to reopen info windows if closed.
1.5.7 – February 4 2016
- Restored old class name for Image Grid Widget.
1.5.6 – January 23 2016
- Fixed widget name migration
- Fixed hero image height issue.
- Fixed admin page layout.
1.5.5 – January 21 2016
- Changed widget folder names to make them less verbose.
- Properly handle LESS compile errors.
- Fixed regex causing only the first 10 TinyMCE fields to be initialized.
- Fixed sanitization in the contact form.
- Fixed Google webfont function.
- Fixed image output for slider base.
- Image Widget: Added alignment options.
- Contact Form: Use anchor to return to form after submit
- Change default caps to manage options.
- Contact form widget: fixed – form in customizer doesn’t resize.
- Price Table: Added image alt tags.
- Editor Widget: Fixed issue where only admins can view unfiltered content.
- Editor Widget: Fixed issue where Editor Widget was removing new lines in code.
- Post Selector Field: Support for date fields.
- Maps Widget: Fixed Lat/Long coordinate handling.
- Masonry widget: fixed layout and sizing.
- Image Widget: Allow display of image title above or below image.
- Added more relative measurement units to base.
- Hero Image Widget: Added height setting.
- Testimonial widget: Prevent outputting related image HTML if no image is set.
- Testimonial Widget: Use testimonial URLs to link location and optionally link names and images.
- Contact Form: Prevent multiple submit button clicks.
- Image Widget: Add support for srcset to Image widget
- Contact Form: Allow user to set field label position.
- Contact Form: Allow user to set field label font styles.
- Contact Form: Allow user setting focussed field outline styles.
- Contact Form: Don’t do recaptcha validation in admin preview.
1.5.4 – November 18 2015
- Fixed compatibility with PHP 5.2
1.5.3 – November 17 2015
- Fixed defaults for Features widget and Hero Image widget.
- Fixed previewing for Editor widget.
- Change measurement field to work as single string.
- Use new measurement field for existing widgets.
- Carousel widget supports RTL.
1.5.2 – November 10 2015
- Removed word break style from headline widget.
- Fixed image grid URL field.
- Added more text styling options to features widget.
- Added measurement field to use in various widgets.
- Prefix function name in Google Map widget to prevent conflicts.
- Fixed styling for contact form widget.
- Fix to allow multiple duplicated contact forms on a single page.
- Fixed Hero Image widget button shortcode in text mode.
- TinyMCE fields maintain editor state.
- Added support for WP Canvas Shortcodes in TinyMCE field.
- Don’t initialize TinyMCE outside the admin.
- Added more styling to contact form submit button.
1.5.1 – October 7 2015
- Fixed: Issue with Call To Action widget being missing.
1.5 – October 5 2015
- Fixed: Conflict between WPML and repeaters.
- Added Simple Masonry Layout widget.
- Added Contact Form widget.
- Added Image Grid widget.
- Added Testimonial widget.
- Changed layout of widgets activation page.
- Added Trianglify to generate placeholder widget icons.
- Added mechanism to use state emitters in repeaters.
- Section expanded/collapsed states now stored across form loads.
- Display once off admin notice when new widgets are available.
- Fixed translation domain.
- Editor Widget: Allow more HTML in Editor widget for trusted users.
- Hero Image Widget: Added top padding setting.
- Hero Image Widget: Can now set background click URL.
- Hero Image Widget: Improved handling of buttons shortcode.
- Slider Widget : Fixed open in new window setting.
- Headline Widget: Added word-break CSS.
- Headline Widget: Added option to set type of heading tags used.
1.4.4 – September 6 2015
- Fixed issue with slider image widths.
1.4.3 – September 5 2015
- Added support for WooCommerce Shortcodes plugin to TinyMCE field.
- New streamlined icon selector field.
- Added info window functionality to maps widget.
- Added a button to duplicate repeater items.
- Added more design settings to hero image widget.
- Removed full screen mode from TinyMCE field.
- Option to keep map centered when container is resized.
- Fixed: CSS bug for Google font imports on generated CSS.
- Fixed: Post selector for URL fields properly handles empty titles.
- Added option to skip auto paragraphs in Editor widget.
1.4.2 – August 18 2015
- Urgent fix in preparation for WordPress 4.3 release
1.4.1 – August 17 2015
- Updated to latest Font Awesome.
- Added TripAdvisor to social links widget.
- Allow unfiltered HTML in SiteOrigin Editor Widget if user has rights.
- Properly set URL scheme.
- Fixed state emitter issue for Google Maps Widget.
1.4 – July 20 2015
- Created a base slider widget class.
- Converted current slider widget to use base slider.
- Fixed image sizing in slider widget.
- Added plain background color option to slider widget.
- Added new Hero Image widget.
- Fixed repeaters in sub items.
- Fix to TinyMCE field when moved in Customizer and Widgets interface.
- Small developer level improvements.
- Fixed autoplay in video widget.
- Fixed behaviour of slides in slider widget.
- Added TinyMCE field type.
- All fields now use classes to make them easier to extend.
- Added SiteOrigin Editor widget.
- Made it possible for other plugins to filter default widgets.
- Fixed WordPress CLI compatibility.
- Added unit tests.
- Added networks to social networks widget.
- Changed how repeater HTML is stored.
- Fixed reference to siteorigin_widgets_is_google_webfont.
- Fixed CSS URL.
- Added meta box manager.
- Small style change to flat button style.
- Video widget fixes.
- Added video widget with support for self/external videos.
- New activate/deactivate widgets interface.
- Headline widget CSS fixes.
- Dev Feature: Error checking for widget field type.
- Dev Feature: Added state emitters.
- Dev Feature: Additional hooks and filters.
- Removed is_customizer_preview – only available in newer versions of WordPress.
- Added headline widget.
- All scripts and styles loaded in header instead of lazy loading.
- Added email to social links widget.
- Made carousel touch friendly.
- Improved input sanitization for HTML input.
- Added nonce request checking in carousel widget.
- Added sticky field to post selector.
- Added function to allow Page Builder to use post selector.
- Added a few developer friendly filters.
- Fixed: Various customizer related issues.
- Fixed: Issue limiting maps widget to 10 markers.
- Fixed: Call to action alignment issues.
- Fixed: Carousel preview.
- Added social links widget.
- Framework updates.
- Fixed Google Map preview.
- Added powerful Google Maps widget.
- Improved data sanitization.
- Various UI improvements.
- Fixed issues with adding extra widget folders.
- Added compatibility with WordPress Customizer.
- Added more fields to be used with future widgets.
- Removed legacy widget deactivation functions.
- Improved how widgets are loaded.
- Changed how widget list is loaded to fix issue with widgets list not displaying.
- Features widget icons can now be made clickable.
- Manage widgets page now does live updates.
- Added widget previews.
- Fixed wire button widget hover issue.
- Old stand alone widget plugins are now deactivated in favor of bundled versions.
- Fixed centering of CTA widget.
- Fixed color settings in CTA widget.
- Fixed button icon color setting.
- Small UI improvements.
- Clean up of code and bundled widgets.
- Initial release.
Manage which widgets you want enabled or disabled.
The button widget shows the clean, standard interface all the widgets use.
An example of the button widget.
Tags: widget slider button image bundle
Charts and Tracking Description >>
Mailchimp for WordPress
Allowing your visitors to subscribe to your newsletter should be easy. With this plugin, it finally is.
This plugin helps you grow your Mailchimp lists and write better newsletters through various methods. You can create good looking opt-in forms or integrate with any existing form on your site, like your comment, contact or checkout form.
Some (but not all) features
Connect with your Mailchimp account in seconds.
Sign-up forms which are good looking, user-friendly and mobile optimized. You have complete control over the form fields and can send anything you like to Mailchimp.
Seamless integration with the following plugins:
- Default WordPress Comment Form
- Default WordPress Registration Form
- Contact Form 7
- Gravity Forms
- Ninja Forms 3
- Events Manager
- Easy Digital Downloads
A multitude of available add-on plugins and integrations:
Well documented. Our knowledge base is updated daily.
Developer friendly. For inspiration, check out our repository of example code snippets.
Become a Premium user
Mailchimp for WordPress has a Premium add-on which comes with several additional benefits.
- Multiple forms
- Advanced e-commerce integration for WooCommerce
- Email notifications
- An easy way to style your forms
- Detailed reports & statistics
What is Mailchimp?
Mailchimp is a newsletter service that allows you to send out email campaigns to a list of email subscribers. It is free for lists up to 2000 subscribers, which is why it is the newsletter-service of choice for thousands of businesses.
This plugin allows you to tightly integrate your WordPress site with your Mailchimp account.
If you are not yet using Mailchimp, creating an account is 100% free and only takes you about 30 seconds.
Use the WordPress.org plugin forums for community support where we try to help all of our users. If you found a bug, please create an issue on Github where we can act upon them more efficiently.
If you’re a premium user, please use the email address inside the plugin for support as that will guarantee a faster response time.
Please take a look at the Mailchimp for WordPress knowledge base as well.
There are several add-on plugins available, which help you get even more out of your site.
You can help translate Mailchimp for WordPress into your language using your WordPress.org account.
This plugin is being developed on GitHub. If you want to collaborate, please look at ibericode/mailchimp-for-wordpress.
Customizing the plugin
The plugin provides various filter & action hooks that allow you to modify or extend default behavior. We’re also maintaining a collection of sample code snippets.
Create beautiful sign-up forms that blend in with your theme.
Integrate with any other plugin out there.
Add a highly converting top bar form to your site.
Style your form with our Styles Builder (premium feature).
Integrate your WooCommerce store with Mailchimp (premium feature).
Dive into detailed sign-up statistics (premium feature).
Tags: mc4wp marketing newsletter email mailchimp
Charts and Tracking Description >>
Really Simple CAPTCHA does not work alone and is intended to work with other plugins. It is originally created for Contact Form 7, however, you can use it with your own plugin.
Note: This product is “really simple” as its name suggests, i.e., it is not strongly secure. If you need perfect security, you should try other solutions.
How does it work?
Really Simple CAPTCHA does not use PHP “Sessions” for storing states, unlike many other PHP CAPTCHA solutions, but stores them as temporary files. This allows you to embed it into WordPress without worrying about conflicts.
When you generate a CAPTCHA, Really Simple CAPTCHA creates two files for it; one is an image file of CAPTCHA, and the other is a text file which stores the correct answer to the CAPTCHA.
The two files have the same (random) prefix in their file names, for example, “a7hk3ux8p.png” and “a7hk3ux8p.txt.” In this case, for example, when the respondent answers “K5GF” as an answer to the “a7hk3ux8p.png” image, then Really Simple CAPTCHA calculates hash of “K5GF” and tests it against the hash stored in the “a7hk3ux8p.txt” file. If the two match, the answer is confirmed as correct.
How to use with your plugin
Note: Below are instructions for plugin developers.
First, create an instance of ReallySimpleCaptcha class:
$captcha_instance = new ReallySimpleCaptcha();
You can change the instance variables as you wish.
// Change the background color of CAPTCHA image to black $captcha_instance->bg = array( 0, 0, 0 );
See really-simple-captcha.php if you are interested in other variables.
Generate a random word for CAPTCHA.
$word = $captcha_instance->generate_random_word();
Generate an image file and a corresponding text file in the temporary directory.
$prefix = mt_rand(); $captcha_instance->generate_image( $prefix, $word );
Then, show the image and get an answer from respondent.
Check the correctness of the answer.
$correct = $captcha_instance->check( $prefix, $the_answer_from_respondent );
If the $correct is true, go ahead. Otherwise, block the respondent — as it would appear not to be human.
And last, remove the temporary image and text files, as they are no longer in use.
$captcha_instance->remove( $prefix );
If you wish to see a live sample of this, you can try Contact Form 7.